Texas Fishing Forum

Kentucky Lake Angler

Posted By: Maddog10

Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/26/16 07:12 PM

Hey guys. Not a Texas fisherman here but I am a fan of bass fishing in general and this forum seems to be one of the most active on that topic. Obviously being from Kentucky not all of the content here is applicable to me but I've lurked for a while and much of it seems to be general bass fishing. I've been a member of another bass forum that I won't mention, but I wasn't pleased with my experience there so I'm looking for something new. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and I hope you'll welcome an ol' Kentucky boy like me.

For those interested, I have a Youtube channel where I post my fishing videos. I don't want to embed any here for my first post because I don't want anyone to think I'm only here spamming for hits, but if you are interested in checking out you can find it here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0hdfSngJZG07Q0x2Cc_XPw
Posted By: squib

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/26/16 07:51 PM

Let me guess...bad rap/rock music and images of hook setting. Maybe even the standard drone shot of a boat floating around on a point.
Posted By: jwcromer

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/26/16 07:53 PM

WELCOME
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/26/16 07:57 PM

welcome

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/26/16 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: squib
Let me guess...bad rap/rock music and images of hook setting. Maybe even the standard drone shot of a boat floating around on a point.

Meh, first vid the audio was ruined by the wind so it had a jazz theme. Second was an offshore instructional video so just a few seconds of music at the intro, and most recent was an MLF Challenge so again, just intro music. Everyone has their own style but I prefer to hear the people talking in fishing vids as opposed to music. Others may disagree, which is fine. No drones.
Posted By: june-bug

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/26/16 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: squib

Wrong!

Welcome to the forum Maddog. I checked out your channel...good stuff.

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/26/16 08:08 PM

Appreciate the welcomes. Buddy and I are in the works of planning a trip this winter down to Texas to hopefully get on some nice fish. Neither of us have ever fished Texas, but anytime I can go south in the winter I'll take it, especially if it means going fishing. Not sure which lake we want to go to yet, but this trip we are planning is what actually introduced me to the forum.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/26/16 08:31 PM

welcome To The Forum. Fished KY. Lake and the Tenn. River hard back in the 60's and 70's. You are on some beautiful water there. Give us a shout when your read to come this way.
Posted By: T-Slab

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/27/16 12:20 AM

Welcome! I so miss fishing the ledges on Ky lake. Some well known anglers in the area showed me the ropes on fishing those ledges. Cool video to!
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/27/16 12:27 AM

Welcome to the forum.
Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/27/16 12:53 AM

Welcome to the forum. I grew up in that area (Union City, TN).
Posted By: 89javelin100

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/27/16 12:59 AM

My father was raised in Kentucky and when we go I admire the lakes for sure.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/27/16 01:08 AM

Keep posting. cheers flagWhen Red Ranger and Mark Perry respond to a post of yours you are in like flint.
Posted By: JCF

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/27/16 03:10 AM

I'm new to the forum as well but welcome! All my family is from Murray and my wife and I graduated from Murray State. We love it here in Texas but sure miss Kentucky lake. Let us know when you head south!
Posted By: SFAJACKS44

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/27/16 03:34 PM

Welcome to the best fishing forum in the nation. Hollar when you make the trip to Texas if in the Conroe area.

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/27/16 05:25 PM

Interesting to see all of the connections to this area. I live about 40 minutes from Murray State and even closer to Union City, TN. It's a nice place to call home for sure, a blessed area of the county if your an outdoorsman.
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/27/16 06:12 PM

Welcome. Had the pleasure of fishing Kentucky lake a few times. Your ledge fishing knowledge may be beneficial to some of us texas boys.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/27/16 06:21 PM

Welcome to the TFF! Lots of great information here! I grew up fishing the Tennessee River myself.

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/27/16 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Texascajun69
Welcome. Had the pleasure of fishing Kentucky lake a few times. Your ledge fishing knowledge may be beneficial to some of us texas boys.

Not to seem as if I'm spamming for Youtube hits, but I have a full tutorial on my channel that goes step by step through the process of how I locate and catch offshore bass. Plan to do a Part 2 to the video at some point on a cloudier day so that the graph shots turn out better, but nonetheless I think there is some good information in there. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Kentucky Lake Angler - 07/28/16 06:47 PM

My Dad retired and lives right outside of Camden Tenn, right on the River. I make a trip up there every summer for some of that ledge fishing. Always go in the summer but been wanting to do a spring trip one day before it's to late.

That River is big and it seems like I burn a tank a gas a day when I am there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum