Texas Fishing Forum

Electronics guide trip Lake Athens

Posted By: Chris_K

Electronics guide trip Lake Athens - 07/26/16 05:54 PM

Im not capitalizing on my electronics at all. I have a garmin 73DV at bow and 93sv at console. If you know of someone who would take me out on a trip to just learn electronics, let me know. If you're a guide offering your service, shoot me a PM with pricing and duration of trip
Thanks.
Posted By: CartersFishingAdventures

Re: Electronics guide trip Lake Athens - 07/26/16 06:44 PM

I can take you out on Lake Athens and show some spots and catch some fish if want. cartersfishingadventures.com
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Electronics guide trip Lake Athens - 07/27/16 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: CartersFishingAdventures
I can take you out on Lake Athens and show some spots and catch some fish if want. cartersfishingadventures.com

hmmm
Posted By: jwcromer

Re: Electronics guide trip Lake Athens - 07/27/16 07:46 PM

read the post,to learn electronics
Posted By: triton_21

Re: Electronics guide trip Lake Athens - 07/28/16 02:57 AM

Not sure where you are located, but if you are close to the Garland BPS, go down to the electronics Dept and see Doug Yates. He works at BPS and books trips on Hubbard for that very purpose. He knows his stuff and is a really nice guy.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Electronics guide trip Lake Athens - 07/28/16 03:23 AM

We can go next time I fish Athens Chris. I'll teach you everything I can. I'm certainly no expert, but happy to help. Just fyi, I use Humminbird.
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Electronics guide trip Lake Athens - 07/28/16 03:40 AM

[quote=Frank the Tank]We can go next time I fish Athens Chris. I'll teach you everything I can. I'm certainly no expert, but happy to help. Just fyi, I use Humminbird.

Sounds good. I've basically self taught myself to fish. It's hard to tell if I've developed good or bad habits. As for electronics, I might as well try throwing them at fish. As I can't see [censored] on them.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Electronics guide trip Lake Athens - 07/28/16 02:31 PM

I can show you some things. I run a garmin 1040xs and a 547xs. I can show what I know. I can actually see fish and target them. I will be down at athens a couple of times this next month. Now I am no expert.
Posted By: bighawgdawg

Re: Electronics guide trip Lake Athens - 07/28/16 02:40 PM

there's a guy on Fork that will take you out in your boat and calibrate your graphs and teach you
how to read them, I have several buddies that have done this and they all said it was well worth it.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Electronics guide trip Lake Athens - 07/28/16 06:12 PM

I'm not sure if Slade works on Garmins?
Posted By: Los Lagos

Re: Electronics guide trip Lake Athens - 07/28/16 07:06 PM

what is the guys name on Fork?
Posted By: 521Rangerman

Re: Electronics guide trip Lake Athens - 07/28/16 08:56 PM

Slade Dougharty “Lake Fork Electronics Training Guide” If you need help with your electronics, then one call to Slade and you will be on your way to see and understand things you thought would never happen with your electronics! Call 817-797-8762. Email slade.dougharty.sd@gmail.com or forkfish on the Texas Fishing Forum. Slade is an expert in both Hummingbird and Lowrance electronics. Call him; you will be glad you did!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Electronics guide trip Lake Athens - 07/28/16 09:09 PM

Yea, Slade is a magician, he is crazy good with graphs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum