Texas Fishing Forum

Dog Days tips for Holbrook?

Posted By: FlaNative

Dog Days tips for Holbrook? - 07/26/16 12:40 PM

I'm staying near Holbrook this weekend and plan to fish it and maybe a couple other nearby lakes. The wife and her friend will be at Canton Trading Days spending all our money, so my buddy and I will have plenty of time to wander around and check out lakes we haven't fished before. Any tips for early dog days at Holbrook and the other smaller lakes in the area?
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Dog Day tips for Holbrook? - 07/26/16 12:46 PM

Fish should be schooling from time to time at Holbrook during the day and late evening for sure. Good fishing early around the reeds with top waters.

Most every point in that lake has brush piles that are good with Carolina rigs and TX rigs and football jigs. Head up north be careful past the poles lots of timber.

Fish the boat houses up there with small jigs and Tx rigs and med running crank baits out in front of them. Should have some fun at that lake.

It has always been one of my favorite East TX lakes. Hope this helps. Good Luck ``~<""><
Posted By: FlaNative

Re: Dog Day tips for Holbrook? - 07/26/16 03:17 PM

Thanks, Marc! That's very helpful. I've heard good things about the lake and I'm looking forward to it, though I'm sure this isn't the best time of the year to be testing it out. At least we'll get to look around a bit and get to know it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum