Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool

Posted By: Kick

Joe Pool - 07/25/16 08:05 PM

Anyone been on JP in the last week? If so anything to report?
Posted By: matt varnadore

Re: Joe Pool - 07/26/16 12:27 AM

I was on the lake saturday. I was in 18 ft of water casting a 6xd up towards the shore and I was killing them. Get off the lake before 12.i fish by myself so when I tied my boat to the dock to go get my truck I come back to my boat and some young people had there boat just drifting around not tied off.it smashed my boat into the dock and put a 2 inch gouge in my boat.I've had it a year and haven't put a scratch on it
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Joe Pool - 07/26/16 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: matt varnadore
I was on the lake saturday. I was in 18 ft of water casting a 6xd up towards the shore and I was killing them. Get off the lake before 12.i fish by myself so when I tied my boat to the dock to go get my truck I come back to my boat and some young people had there boat just drifting around not tied off.it smashed my boat into the dock and put a 2 inch gouge in my boat.I've had it a year and haven't put a scratch on it
bang
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Joe Pool - 07/26/16 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: matt varnadore

WTF did you say anything to them???
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Joe Pool - 07/26/16 01:29 AM

I would've kicked their bass.

Re: Joe Pool - 07/26/16 01:43 AM

That's enough to [censored] off a monkey. I would have been livid.

btw, what color was the 6xd?
Posted By: matt varnadore

Re: Joe Pool - 07/26/16 02:13 AM

I was throwing a citrus shad 6xd. Yea I said something to them. They just pushed off and got out of there. I try to keep my temper under control. But that can be difficult since returning from Afghanistan.. be careful out there, people suck.
Posted By: FishingTexan

Re: Joe Pool - 07/26/16 02:51 AM

I went Sunday and caught a good number of slot fish on red Texas rigged plastics. I fished mainly in the creeks to get away from the Jet Skis and wakeboard boats. Best one of the day is below.

Posted By: Slade

Re: Joe Pool - 07/26/16 03:32 AM

I caught an 8.5# last week deep cranking. But the idiots out there will test your patience and they keep me from going as often as I would like to. I have to pick and choose when I think it will be tolerable.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Joe Pool - 07/26/16 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Slade
I caught an 8.5# last week deep cranking. But the idiots out there will test your patience and they keep me from going as often as I would like to. I have to pick and choose when I think it will be tolerable.

That's a fact. Nuthouse lately.

Re: Joe Pool - 07/26/16 09:34 AM

thanks Matt
Posted By: JoeyC

Re: Joe Pool - 07/26/16 04:47 PM

I've been doing ok with a 6XD but I'm still learning how to find them deep. Mainly slot fish but I did have an over.

Note I haven't had much trouble with the pleasure boaters as I have fishermen. I'm not sure what the deal is but everytime I'm on a main lake point boats have been on plane driving straight between me and the point. I don't see why they would drive straight over the spot I'm fishing when the entire lake is behind me to go around. I have more patience with the pleasure boaters because I would expect another angler to have respect for other anglers...
Posted By: Slade

Re: Joe Pool - 07/26/16 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: JoeyC
I've been doing ok with a 6XD but I'm still learning how to find them deep. Mainly slot fish but I did have an over.

Note I haven't had much trouble with the pleasure boaters as I have fishermen. I'm not sure what the deal is but everytime I'm on a main lake point boats have been on plane driving straight between me and the point. I don't see why they would drive straight over the spot I'm fishing when the entire lake is behind me to go around. I have more patience with the pleasure boaters because I would expect another angler to have respect for other anglers...

The pleasure boaters and jet ski's always go between me and the bank, no matter how far off the bank I am fishing. There can be a wide open lake behind me, but they never go behind me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum