Texas Fishing Forum

Spun a hub?

Posted By: ShallowWaterKing

Spun a hub? - 07/24/16 07:20 PM

I think I spun a hub, I was running down the lake 45-46 mph and then it shut me down to idle speed and can only get up to 1200 rpms. Anyone have any ideas or what the cost is on gettin one fixed?
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Spun a hub? - 07/24/16 07:41 PM

Spun hub usually revs very high rpm with little boat movement. Is it a pressed in hub or a Flo torque slip in hub? If it is pressed in prop shop can check it and press a new one in if needed, usually $60-$80. If slip in you can get a new one and fix it yourself.

I would pull the prop and check to see if you picked up something and it got tangled in propshaft. Could be problems with the motor also....
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Spun a hub? - 07/24/16 07:57 PM

I would say your motor has gone into Guardian mode. Take it to your servicing dealer to determine the reason for the shutdown, repair, and clear the code.

Gman
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Spun a hub? - 07/24/16 07:59 PM

Agree ^^^^

A spun hub would let the engine rev but not propel the boat.
My first thought is your motor is in guardian mode.. What kind of motor is it ??

Re: Spun a hub? - 07/24/16 08:36 PM

It is a 2010 150 optimax. Yeah didn't get high revs but guardian mode make sense. It's going to shop Tuesday
Posted By: 361V

Re: Spun a hub? - 07/24/16 10:34 PM

Motor revs but prop doesn't spin fast enough to get on plane? Spun hub. Motor will not rev? Some other MOTOR related problem. " Guardian mode" is a good guess, but just a guess. Good luck @ shop. Hope it's something simple.

Re: Spun a hub? - 07/24/16 11:54 PM

Thanks Guys, yeah me too cause it's been a dream it's whole life.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Spun a hub? - 07/25/16 01:01 AM

You know what BOAT stand for or you will learn soon.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum