Texas Fishing Forum

Weather app of choice?

Posted By: Chris_K

Weather app of choice? - 07/19/16 05:42 PM

What's an app with better radar than the weather channel?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/19/16 05:44 PM

My Radar Pro is one of the better radar apps
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/19/16 05:48 PM

I like the weatherbug app. good radar and also the spark lightning feature is GREAT to tell if those storms have lightning in them and how far away it is!! I use it all the time.
Posted By: BigBassB

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/19/16 05:56 PM

By far the best weather radar app I've used is Radar Scope. I know some storm chasers that use this app exclusively.
Posted By: june-bug

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/19/16 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: bassmanrudy
I like the weatherbug app. good radar and also the spark lightning feature is GREAT to tell if those storms have lightning in them and how far away it is!! I use it all the time.

This is the one. Great app
Posted By: Lowrider20

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/19/16 08:48 PM

My Radar Pro
Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/19/16 10:51 PM

I use weather bug
Posted By: buggsboy

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/19/16 11:29 PM

Windfinder is what I use.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/20/16 12:15 AM

The spark lightning proximity indicator is invaluable. Wouldn't fish anywhere near bad weather without it.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/20/16 04:25 AM

Weather Underground is pretty good... My buddy seems to think it is linked to Bill Ayers and the weathermen.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/20/16 05:47 AM

Weather underground
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/20/16 06:11 PM

NOAA,Weatherbug, and WeatherChannel, i use them all for hail....which all 3 failed me last week in a 12 minute golfball size hail event here in West Texas.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/20/16 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx

The spark lightning proximity indicator is invaluable. Wouldn't fish anywhere near bad weather without it.

+1
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/20/16 07:44 PM

I use Accuweather. I have never been left out in bad weather plus it has alerts.
Posted By: Mesquite Mark

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/20/16 08:21 PM

Radar Scope. Hands down the best. Well worth the $. I think it's like $9
Posted By: sandman79

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/20/16 08:28 PM

weatherbug nice to have lake wind advisory
Posted By: El Skeeter

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/20/16 09:56 PM

Weather Bug hands down!! As mentioned above their radar along with Sparks(closest lightning strike past 30 minutes)
and their "Seek Shelter Now" red symbol has saved my backside more than once. Best of all its Free!!
Posted By: M. Massoletti

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/21/16 12:30 AM

I've used the KLTV weather app for awhile. It updates about every minute or two plus you can set it up to show warnings, lightning ect. You can also expand it and zoom it and move around to anywhere. So if your fishing in say Alabama you can zoom the radar into that location.
Posted By: HItec Redneck

Re: Weather app of choice? - 07/21/16 01:56 AM

The best mobile radar program is called PYKL3. Its uses the radar feeds from the NWS and enhances it with warning boxes and alerts. Not sure if they have a trial version that you can try out but you can check at http://www.pykl3radar.com/. I have been using it for several years and have no complaints. PYKL3 Radar

If you want a good weather app for home check out GrlevelX
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum