Texas Fishing Forum

Need a net

Posted By: Court

Need a net - 07/19/16 12:10 AM

What is a good net to buy. I like the idea of a collapsible to lay across the floor of a 21' Skeeter when running, then extend when fishing. I have no experience with nets at all. I just got out of a small tin boat with no room for one. I did a search here but came up empty.
Posted By: Neal G

Re: Need a net - 07/19/16 12:27 AM

We step on the net so often and bend or break them I buy cheap $20-30 collapsible ones from Academy or Walmart but large and long enough to get the job done. Maybe you are more coordinated.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Need a net - 07/19/16 12:54 AM

I use a extendable red fish net. I have the frabile collapsible nets. Lost a 7plus. Never happened again.
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Need a net - 07/19/16 01:52 AM

Not sure wich one we use but it's a Frabile rubber net. Had a big fish on a crank bait and one of the hooks got caught in the net but the fish didn't. Lost the fish. Went the very next day and bought this one. The only con I have about a rubber net is its heavy and its heavy swooping thru the water. Pros are hooks don't get caught in the webbing.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Need a net - 07/19/16 03:31 AM

Frabill Kwik-Stow Folding Nets

I rarely use it or even have it out but it folds up nice and compact and all it takes is one hand and flick it open when you need it. I like it because it takes up no room and if I happen to step on it, it doesn't bend.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Need a net - 07/19/16 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Frabill Kwik-Stow Folding Nets

I rarely use it or even have it out but it folds up nice and compact and all it takes is one hand and flick it open when you need it. I like it because it takes up no room and if I happen to step on it, it doesn't bend.

+1
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Need a net - 07/19/16 03:48 PM

Get rubber.

Even the rubberized cloth is a step up but rubber leaves you hassle free when crank bait fishing.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Need a net - 07/19/16 04:09 PM

Use flexible rubber cheers peep
Posted By: pwarren

Re: Need a net - 07/19/16 08:53 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...bo#Post11594396
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum