Texas Fishing Forum

Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons!

Posted By: txbowhunter27

Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 12:18 AM

Had a club tournament on benbrook yesterday and the granbury bass club was also there. A couple of our guys had run ins with a couple of their member's on fishing spots. One of our member's actually had a member of the granbury club cast over his line while fishing a spot. I have never heard of anything like this in a small club tournament. If you leave a spot it's open to anyone else to fish and no one with common courtesy would pull up and cast so close it actually crosses another man's line.I would truly be embarrassed to associate myself with a club that allows this kind of conduct and shows how unethical this club is.
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 12:22 AM

Wow! Airing it out!
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 12:42 AM

Elaine Bettis would name names......
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 12:44 AM

Am I missing something here? Shouldn't you be bashing the angler? Everyone makes mistakes but you seem to be going a bit overboard.

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 12:57 AM

So you think being so close to another angler to cast over their line is a mistake? WOW!
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 12:58 AM

No, it's not cool at all but why bash the bass club? That's what I don't get.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Matt Jackson
Am I missing something here? Shouldn't you be bashing the angler? Everyone makes mistakes but you seem to be going a bit overboard.

Yep smile Call out the guy, not the club.

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:02 AM

I only day the club because two of our boats had issues. If it was only one then I would say it's just the anglers. But when four anglers are involved what would you say? Don't get me wrong I'm sure most of the guys are great guys, but that conduct should not be tolerated. I guess I should have said granbury bass club anglers need ethic lessons.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:06 AM

Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:07 AM

popcorn
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:15 AM

How many pounds won
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Bugzout10
How many pounds won

This, and quit whining. Be a man.

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:41 AM

Guess you act the same way!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:54 AM

Sounds like fork during McDonalds. Nothing to see here. The guys should have settled it on the water, not the forum where it's speculation by a third party. I know that's how I handle idiots on the water
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:59 AM

Should protest and block the ramp. I think that's how it works now days
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By: txbowhunter27
Guess you act the same way!

No, not only would I throw over line I would ask you to leave also. Nicely the first time. Hopefully you guys aren't taking too long at the ramps either. Club people tend to be slow.
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 02:12 AM

How many pounds won
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 02:28 AM

Sorry guys. Way bad to come so close as to cast over my line !!! I would have the director say or do something. Then take it to the club to do something. If they can't act right they don't need to be in a tournament.. If they did that they suck at fishing and were searching for anything.
Posted By: jimmye123

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 03:33 AM

I feel ha, but there is always enough space for everyone, I have fished the same bush,tree, on opposite sides, no biggie, if u don't get butt hurt u might pick up a tip , did the other said team win?
Posted By: jimmye123

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 03:34 AM

Also if u are fishing close to the bank on benbrook, then it didn't work out. .
Posted By: machinist

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 03:48 AM

Boat Ramp them!!!!!
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:14 PM

the great things about forums one can get on make accusations an whine an not worry about getting skint up.
Posted By: Dr. Chase

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:28 PM

Had a club tournament on benbrook yesterday and the granbury bass club was also there. A couple of our guys had run ins with a couple of their member's on fishing spots. One of our member's actually had a member of the granbury club cast over his line while fishing a spot. I have never heard of anything like this in a small club tournament. If you leave a spot it's open to anyone else to fish and no one with common courtesy would pull up and cast so close it actually crosses another man's line.I would truly be embarrassed to associate myself with a club that allows this kind of conduct and shows how unethical this club is.

wow. what boat were you in? why didn't you or any of your guys say anything in person, as you were weighing in about 25 ft from us? my observation is that your group needs to not fish on top of anchored boats. I had 3 of your guys fish on top of me for an hour after watching me loose an 8 pound fish at the boat. I spoke up, and instead of taking the hint, they acted like [censored] pants 2 year old. fired up the big motor, took off and waked me. Ya'll Might also need some lessons in navigating the lake. Running WOT through stump fields lol. Was so obvious none of you had a clue what you were doing. Sorry about the guy in your club who ran WOT between 2 anchored boats and hit a stump.

Whats the name of your club anyway? We just figured you guys must be the Potlickers Bass club of DFW.

And for the record, why dont you get your story straight? We heard what happened from the angler himself. You (or one of your guys) moved in on him after watching him put fish in the boat. then tried to cut him off the spot he had been fishing the past hour or more.
Posted By: Dr. Chase

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin
How many pounds won

This, and quit whining. Be a man.

yep. dry your eyes and find your own fish.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:34 PM

popcorn
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: machinist
Boat Ramp them!!!!!

It seems to be the only logical solution.........
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:42 PM

Posted By: Connor S

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Rule #1: No touching of the hair or face. And that's it!!

boxing
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Brazos Bass Cat

wow. what boat were you in? why didn't you or any of your guys say anything in person, as you were weighing in about 25 ft from us? my observation is that your group needs to not fish on top of anchored boats. I had 3 of your guys fish on top of me for an hour after watching me loose an 8 pound fish at the boat. I spoke up, and instead of taking the hint, they acted like [censored] pants 2 year old. fired up the big motor, took off and waked me. Ya'll Might also need some lessons in navigating the lake. Running WOT through stump fields lol. Was so obvious none of you had a clue what you were doing. Sorry about the guy in your club who ran WOT between 2 anchored boats and hit a stump.

Whats the name of your club anyway? We just figured you guys must be the Potlickers Bass club of DFW.

And for the record, why dont you get your story straight? We heard what happened from the angler himself. You (or one of your guys) moved in on him after watching him put fish in the boat. then tried to cut him off the spot he had been fishing the past hour or more.

popcorn Always two sides of the story
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: UTDmiller

popcorn Always two sides of the story

Usually 3 sides from what I have seen

His side, the others person side, and then the truth..............
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 02:08 PM

<insert "drop the Mic" image here> .. can't find an emoji to use and pasting a link for a picture isn't working.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 02:12 PM

de bang hammer hung
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 02:15 PM

All this drama for a fish y'all are gonna throw back anyway!!! Solve it then and now next time!!! cheers
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 02:25 PM

Wow, just wow,lost an 8 lbr at the boat is maybe all the
truth in this lackluster day on the lake Ben Rooked bang peep
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 02:52 PM

popcorn
What won?
Posted By: One fish Bill

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 02:57 PM

9.4 won ours. Big Bass was 6.1.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 03:13 PM

popcorn
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 03:18 PM

everybody has a camera, use it.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 03:21 PM

I vote we have a blanket party at the ramp for the next person who starts one of these threads.
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 03:36 PM

Just blow the spot up with the big motor as you leave. Or get your Michelangelo nun chucks and start smashing graphs and windows at the ramp.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 03:48 PM

Now that's funny....I don't care who you are...

"Whats the name of your club anyway? We just figured you guys must be the Potlickers Bass club of DFW".
Posted By: Connor S

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 03:50 PM

Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 04:03 PM

I hope the ones complaining remember this when they wake or fish on top of a kayak angler.
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 04:21 PM

Nothing to see here....move along. ..

de wife
Posted By: bassmaster59

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 04:27 PM

First off I had to create a new account to sign on couldn't get my old account password to work. My old logon is gofish59 and I fish with Granbury bass club. Not sure who the other club is that is on here bashing us they have yet to identify themselves. It's funny this started because the topic of this thread is what we were talking about at our weigh in. Specifically the behavior of the other club. Our tournament hours started at 4 am and all of us were launched and fishing when the other club launched I guess because the lake was fishing so small all the community holes were taken when the other club got to them. That's where the problems started all of us had issues with boats crowding in on us, but I am a firm believer in first come first serve, and if the situation was in reverse I don't think our guys would have crowded in on your guys. I was fishing the point to the right of Richardson slough. I had an issue with 2 different people from your club. There is a lone visable stump about 6" in diameter on this point I had been casting to. As a boat was idling by I caught a fish off of it the boat stopped his big motor and put down his trolling motor and moved up to cast from the lake out at the stump I caught the fish off of even though I was still casting at it. He crossed my line and proceeded to tell his fishing partner that I needed to share this 6" stump with them. I was quite perturbed needless to say but just wrote it off to someone not knowing any better. Within 10 minutes another boat from your club comes down the bank from inside the cove and starts around me with his trolling motor and says to me he doesn't want to get in our way because we were there first. He then moves around me less than 2 boat lengths and begins to cast at the area I was fishing. He was so close I flipped under handed at the back of his boat and hit his big motor with my lure and I caught a fish off his motor. This was witnessed by my fishing partner One Fish Bill. I wasn't gonna get on here and bash this other club until they trashed ours. There are 2 sides to every story but the fact of the matter is we were there first and common courtesy dictates you don't come within 50' of someone's boat then complain on an open forum about them crossing your line.
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 04:35 PM

So when's the Benbrook club vs Grandbury club tournament on a neutral lake?
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 04:38 PM

Dang..catching fish off of the outboard of another boat..THATS winning.

or his livewell didn't work and you took one of his stringer
Posted By: John P085

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 06:28 PM

[quote=bassmaster59] He was so close I flipped under handed at the back of his boat and hit his big motor with my lure and I caught a fish off his motor.quote]

LIKE A BOSS! banana
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 06:30 PM

That is embarrassing. Back in the 1980's Granbury was IMO one of the best clubs in Texas. Not sure what happened.
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 06:33 PM

popcorn2
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Granbury bass club needs ethic lessons! - 07/18/16 06:35 PM

popcorn2
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum