Texas Fishing Forum

New TM ??

Posted By: Lee in Texas

New TM ?? - 07/16/16 12:30 AM

Really? Watching and reading on here and it sure seems more than a few plan on buying the new 'Ultrex Minn Kota'.
Looks (from the little I am seeing) going to be an expensive change.
If a new one is needed, then I understand but, to change just to have a new and the latest model out ?
Looks like I'm reading the 'expensive crowd stuff' .... bow_down

JMO

God Bless
Lee
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 12:55 AM

I will take this into consideration thank you
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 12:57 AM

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Ultrex.aspx
Sounds pretty sweet
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 01:00 AM

Lee, for the most part tournament fishermen are big spenders, just look at their boats and trucks.
I just got my new boat for next season. I'm not going to run out and get one but I will have on my next boat, I figure they'll have all the bugs worked out by then.
My pass time is fishing and I spend what I want. I don't drink, smoke, chew, dip, gamble, play the lottery, golf, go on safaris, have season tickets to any sports team, I just fish and I'm all in.
Posted By: DKennimer

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 01:58 AM

Lee,

I would just buy it to have a TM I could fish the windy spots and feel like my buddies do... Just casting and casting... No fighting the TM. But, I also need one that can withstand the stumps at Fork.

To your point though, what about your Talon... bolt

cheers
Posted By: Starkfishes

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 05:56 AM

I'm a big spender. I buy stuff I don't need all of the time. I give God the first 10% of my check, my family is taken care of, and retirement looks to be possible. Fishing is my passion and if I want and can buy all the stuff that you say is wasted excess, why do you care? Do you think that all of the development dollars spent by the fishing industry is to make cheaper products for the masses? No. They make it for guys like me and everyone else on the forum lined up to buy an Ultrex, or an expensive Abu reel, or whatever else I see people complaining about the cost of. At the end of the day, the latest and greatest becomes the norm and everyone benefits. Just look at the Onix units now.

Please quit complaining about guys lining up for new stuff. If you don't want to but it, don't. I have never seen anyone on this forum make fun of a guy fishing out of an old boat with old equipment yet so many of you think it ok, even funny, to imply that the guys with the new stuff are wannabe's or whatever.

I think I'll go to www.tacklewarehouse.com now and hit the digits. Peace out!

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 08:55 AM

Hey DK, yes like many, the spot control does sound great. As for my Talon, it works great and with only room for one......spot control would be great.
I was just asking.
As to the other responders, as I stated if you need a TM - great consider this one but, c'mon just to have the very latest in equipment?
Ya'll don't take things so seriously....
I was just asking.
Tournament fishermen....I would guess this is not such a "big" expense. I (and I like to think) many on here just fish and are not all tourney fishermen.
JMO
God Bless
Lee
Originally Posted By: DKennimer
Lee,

I would just buy it to have a TM I could fish the windy spots and feel like my buddies do... Just casting and casting... No fighting the TM. But, I also need one that can withstand the stumps at Fork.

To your point though, what about your Talon... bolt

cheers
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 10:47 AM

It isn't like they are talking about replacing an 80lb with an 85. Getting a cable steer AND spot lock. I really don't get the question if you have paid the money to put a talon on the boat. Those are pretty expensive themselves

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 11:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
It isn't like they are talking about replacing an 80lb with an 85. Getting a cable steer AND spot lock. I really don't get the question if you have paid the money to put a talon on the boat. Those are pretty expensive themselves

Morning, true statement. But, having only 1 shallow water anchor you get 'spin', so the spot lock is attractive.
But, having said that, sounds as if many are salivating at upgrading to the latest model for reasons that sound like ' I just want the latest and greatest' ?
Right/Wrong?
In any event, the new Ultrex is not going to be cheap or inexpensive.
I also have the same question one other posed .....how 'noisy' is the motor in the electronic mode ?
All of these things....JMO ...
But if I were buying a new bass boat I would then surely want something like this with the latest technology
God Bless
Lee
Posted By: snickers

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 12:43 PM

I just became debt free yesterday. Ill buy one
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 01:28 PM

Wish that I was debt free. I want one but will probably have to settle for a terrova when they have the improved spot lock.

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 01:36 PM

ah well I am 'debt free' but that is subjective. Seems everyday expenses ( water/electric/TV/cell phone/vehicle maintenance/etc.) all seem to get to be more and more every day.
So, I don't see one in my future either but, I would like one....for the spot control if no other reason.
Trying to minimize all those debt free expenses.... juggle
Well, that and no longer working/retired so things are not as they once were....
God Bless
Lee

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 02:57 PM

It will not be forever debt free that is
Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Wish that I was debt free. I want one but will probably have to settle for a terrova when they have the improved spot lock.
Posted By: DKennimer

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 07:26 PM

Lee,
I just think THIS trolling motor has been what most have been waiting on with new technology advancing. There is always the ones that have to have the latest and greatest. I'm not one of those... To an extent... But, this TM is a technology that I have been waiting on for a few years. I honestly can't wait! Everyone has different wants and needs. This suits a couple in a package (for me). The I-pilot and Terrova just don't hold up to the abuse (so I've been told...) to fishing in timber.

FYI, I always enjoy your posts and great attitude, Lee! Having never met you, I know you are just a "good Ol boy". I admire that, Sir! The world needs more people as down to earth as you are. flag
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: DKennimer
Lee,

FYI, I always enjoy your posts and great attitude, Lee! Having never met you, I know you are just a "good Ol boy". I admire that, Sir! The world needs more people as down to earth as you are. flag
thumb

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 08:42 PM

Thanks men
angel

God Bless
Lee
Posted By: El Skeeter

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 09:01 PM

Lee,
No sir,
I'll only purchase the Ultrex should my Fortrex fail or I get a new boat,which ever comes first.
As stated previously, the bugs should/will be worked out by then. Couple of guys came down hard on you,which
was totally uncalled for. I admire you for not firing back.
Posted By: plasma800

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 10:19 PM

All i can say is that pedal looks HUGE.....
Posted By: 9094

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: plasma800
All i can say is that pedal looks HUGE.....

The pedal on the Ultrex is virtually the same size as a Fortrex. It fits in all recessed trays.

Lee before this came out I bought an Ulterra which has the auto deploy and stow and trim. Also has the IPilot feature.
It is electric driven and not as fast as a true foot control but for us old guys that auto deploy and stow is a back saver!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: New TM ?? - 07/16/16 10:59 PM

I just bought a new 112 Fortrex a year ago, so yes if I check one out and like it I could possibly buy one. Not because I "need" it, but because I "want" it.

FYI there isn't one piece of fishing equipment I "need" it's all wanted laugh
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: New TM ?? - 07/17/16 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
I just bought a new 112 Fortrex a year ago, so yes if I check one out and like it I could possibly buy one. Not because I "need" it, but because I "want" it.

I know thats right Dougie!! laugh

Re: New TM ?? - 07/17/16 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Love to have one as well but......... love to have a new bass rig but, don't see that happening either.
But for those of you working still ....and purchase one: I hope it is everything you want.
God Bless us all
Lee
Posted By: Motomax

Re: New TM ?? - 07/17/16 01:13 PM

Not to change topic but why don't more people get the MG xi5? Would the stumps at Fork jack it up?

Re: New TM ?? - 07/17/16 01:24 PM

I have not owned a MG in a long time but when I did I bent more shafts and could not turn my motor. Never has that happened to my MK. No need to ever switch back even if you tell me the shafts are great these days
Originally Posted By: Motomax
Not to change topic but why don't more people get the MG xi5? Would the stumps at Fork jack it up?
Posted By: Motomax

Re: New TM ?? - 07/17/16 01:32 PM

I understand your reasoning. My MK got too much grass stuck in it one day. Broke the rubber seal and water got inside. I've taken it in due to it being under warranty and it's still not the same as it was. My old MG had no issues with that. I guess they both have there pros and cons.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum