Texas Fishing Forum

Line + Senko combo= ??

Posted By: Bas-ii-tis

Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/15/16 03:38 PM

Was wanting your opinions on line to use for just a senko combo set up. I was leaning towards braid (power pro slick) w/ a leader 15lb flouro. Any tips are appreciated
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/15/16 03:42 PM

12lb floro all the way
Posted By: jb504079

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/15/16 03:43 PM

Braid to flouro is a good combo. I back many of my reels with braid. But mainly just spool with straight 17lb. flouro for flipping senko.

On spin cast, I back with braid and use a flouro leader as well. Good for skipping the senko.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/15/16 04:34 PM

15lb. fluoro for me.
Posted By: BAGaBass

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/15/16 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: M. Alexander
15lb. fluoro for me.

thumb
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/15/16 05:46 PM

If you want it to just barely drop into grass, or hang up in the water column a little, don't discount a premium Mono or Co-Poly. I swap between the two depending on what else I have tied on. I prefer a weedless wacky jighead, 1/16 oz.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/15/16 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: M. Alexander
15lb. fluoro for me.

This
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/15/16 06:46 PM

12lb InvisX
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/15/16 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
12lb InvisX

Yup
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/15/16 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: lipjerk
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
12lb InvisX

Yup

Ditto
Posted By: Lowrider20

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/15/16 10:56 PM

15lb Seaguar INVIZX
Posted By: TeamHillbilly

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/15/16 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris_K
12lb floro all the way
I agree and retie often
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/15/16 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Lowrider20
15lb Seaguar INVIZX

Yep
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/15/16 11:11 PM

15 Invizx because I fish it around timber and at lake Fork.

When I fish a senko type bait I will have two rigged up, one tx. rigged weightless and one wacky rigged.

I usually get more bites on the wacky rigged senko but there are times that I come across cover that is just too thick for a wacky rig senko so I throw the Tx. rigged one.

I only use braid for topwater frogs and on my spinning reels for drop shotting deep water. I fish lake Fork and using braid for certain techniques will get you less bites.
I guess if you are going to throw the senko in heavy grass and lily pads then you might want to consider braid.
Posted By: Barn

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/16/16 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Bas-ii-tis
Was wanting your opinions on line to use for just a senko combo set up. I was leaning towards braid (power pro slick) w/ a leader 15lb flouro. Any tips are appreciated

That's what I use. I'm not a fan of all flouro. I use all braid a lot too depending water color. But the flouro will help it sink a little faster.
Posted By: El Skeeter

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/16/16 01:15 AM

16 lb Sunline FC Sniper all the way with a 7'1" rod of your choice
FYI Garcia MGX SHS on a 13 Fishing Black Envy casting rod
Posted By: SFAJACKS44

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/16/16 05:05 AM

15# invizx
Posted By: SK1

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/16/16 03:18 PM

Braid to fluorocarbon or cxx15 P line. Really just depends on what type of cover, water clarity and whether you're fishing the senko TX rig or wacky style,with or without weight. Braids sensitivity is hard to beat. Sometimes I feel bites even on a slack line.Try different setups until you find what works for you.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/18/16 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: SK1
Braid to fluorocarbon or cxx15 P line. Really just depends on what type of cover, water clarity and whether you're fishing the senko TX rig or wacky style,with or without weight. Braids sensitivity is hard to beat. Sometimes I feel bites even on a slack line.Try different setups until you find what works for you.

If you didn't use braid, you would feel bites on slack line way more often. Just a heads up. Braid will not transfer sensations when slack. Flourocarbon can. (Easier, anyways)
Posted By: Connor S

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/18/16 02:26 PM

12-17lb flouro (InvisX is my choice) depending on cover and size of fish you're targeting, but the lightest test you can get away with will get you the most bites.

Flouro is a must though, you want anything rigged weightless to fall on a slack line so it can fall vertically and not pendulum away from the target, flouro transfers vibrations even when slack which is very important (braid does not), and the fact that it sinks helps you be more efficient.
Posted By: jimritcholds481

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/18/16 02:38 PM

flouro flouro flouro and none of that P-line [censored], i like invizx 12-15 lbs i have 17 on my carolina rig. Just as everyone else has said, it sinks and allows the bait to fall, i like invizx because it has low memory and is fairly inexpensive.
Posted By: SK1

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/18/16 04:50 PM

Very interesting. ....
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/18/16 04:56 PM

A Senko is one of those baits that bites happen alot on the fall..that being said, braid will not transmit a bite on slack line(you will feel the pull but not the tick) Flouro will transmit a bite on slack line. Being that a Senkos fall on slack line is what makes it effective, I would just roll straight flouro..seaguar that is.
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/18/16 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Connor S
12-17lb flouro (InvisX is my choice) depending on cover and size of fish you're targeting, but the lightest test you can get away with will get you the most bites.

Flouro is a must though, you want anything rigged weightless to fall on a slack line so it can fall vertically and not pendulum away from the target, flouro transfers vibrations even when slack which is very important (braid does not), and the fact that it sinks helps you be more efficient.

should have read all the posts before I contribute lol
Posted By: RandyK

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/18/16 05:14 PM

for me......17 lb Seaguar, Invisx
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/18/16 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: RandyK
for me......17 lb Seaguar, Invisx

Excellent choice cheers peep
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/18/16 05:32 PM

16lb Sunline FC for me
Posted By: basseditor

Re: Line + Senko combo= ?? - 07/19/16 12:57 AM

I catch a lot of fish on Senkos. I think I've fine tuned my setups to get even better results. With a 5-inch Senko I use 15# Invisx, Lews LITE reel and 7'6" Kistler Z-bone in a 3 power. For heavy cover, more wind, etc. I use a 6-inch Senko (smoke hologram), 20# Seaguar Tatsu, Daiwa Tatula R, and 7'6" Z-bone 5 power rod.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum