Texas Fishing Forum

Boca bearings

Posted By: Mikeyb_23

Boca bearings - 07/12/16 12:52 PM

I'm looking at getting some new bearings for my chronarch 200e5. Is it worth getting the full set, or just get the spool bearings?
Posted By: JPeel

Re: Boca bearings - 07/13/16 11:44 AM

I upgraded to Boca bearings on all my reels and would usually replace everything. You already have it apart and the cost isn't much more so why not.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Boca bearings - 07/13/16 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Mikeyb_23
I'm looking at getting some new bearings for my chronarch 200e5. Is it worth getting the full set, or just get the spool bearings?
if money is tight....the spool bearings are the most noticeable. But, like above, Boca bearings are a great choice and changing them all at this points isn't too bad. You will need a pin tool anyways, and that's the only hassle.
Posted By: Connor S

Re: Boca bearings - 07/13/16 01:58 PM

You should be good with just the spool bearings, that's the only noticeable difference I can justify spending money on. Chronarch's are great reels to begin with so the other bearings will last and perform well. Go with the ABEC 7 Ceramics; you'll truly be able to cast farther, without corrosion. Orange seals if you'll ever use the reel for the coast/ saltwater; if the reel is just for freshwater the seals aren't necessary but never hurt.
Posted By: Mikeyb_23

Re: Boca bearings - 07/13/16 03:45 PM

Do you need a pin tool for the spool bearings?
Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Re: Boca bearings - 07/13/16 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Mikeyb_23
Do you need a pin tool for the spool bearings?

No
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Boca bearings - 07/13/16 06:28 PM

If any of you guys every need a pin tool I highly suggests going with latest one from hedgehog studios. SOOOO much easier to use than the boca made pliers for the job and cost is about the same. Just throwing that out there. I got mine from ebay and it took about 5-6 days to get here from Japan. Not bad. After using it my first time I wanted to throw the boca tool in the garbage. It was that much better!
Posted By: Kblair85

Re: Boca bearings - 07/14/16 04:21 AM

I replaced all the bearings in the one and only pro qualifier I have and that sucker casts as far as my top of the line lews now. It also doesn't "dry" up after 50 casts anymore. Just change em all out while youre at it, solid investment.
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Boca bearings - 07/14/16 10:29 PM

I upgraded a 200E6 with Hawgtech bearings & a carbon fiber handle with Winn Grip paddles. Huge difference.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum