Texas Fishing Forum

Bulk line spools

Posted By: bradnitro175

Bulk line spools - 07/04/16 07:29 PM

How many people buy bulk spools of fluorocarbon? Does it maintain its strength throughout time if stored indoors?
I haven't my been able to find Berkley 100% localy for the last couple years.looks like I could save a whole 7-8 dollars.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Bulk line spools - 07/04/16 07:38 PM

Absolutely. I get it on TW mainly for the fact that smaller spools are sold in bizarre lengths and you only need as much as you need. It seems like such a waste to buy smaller spools and lose some every time. Buying in bulk allows you to only take what you need and keep it stored properly and oh ya..... It's cheaper. noidea
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Bulk line spools - 07/04/16 07:44 PM

Yea, just realized they had a sale going on trying to talk myself into it
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Bulk line spools - 07/04/16 08:32 PM

I buy all of my Sunline Sniper FC in bulk from Monster Fishing Tackle. It lasts a long time as long as you take care of it.
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Bulk line spools - 07/04/16 09:02 PM

I bought 2 bulk spools from TW at their Christmas sale. I have been pleased. Coach
Posted By: tommyc

Re: Bulk line spools - 07/04/16 11:01 PM

I think they store just fine here in the house. I believe the only time I have bought the bulk spools was at the 20% off sales from tackle warehouse. Never have to be running out to Academy or BassPro at the last minute

Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Bulk line spools - 07/04/16 11:11 PM

It's the only way I buy, I wouldn't buy the 3,000yrd spool they are harder to spool with get the 1,000.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Bulk line spools - 07/05/16 12:06 PM

I try to only buy 1000yd spools when tackle warehouse has a sale. Atleast I get the main lines I use. I still buy braid by the small box at academy because I don't use a lot. The big spools last atleast a year, maybe 2 if I don't fish a lot and don't go bad because I keep them in the house.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Bulk line spools - 07/05/16 12:59 PM

Yes buy the 1000 yard spools. I order mine from Tackle Warehouse. They do an Invisix sale at Christmas every year and I save a bunch of money that way.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Bulk line spools - 07/05/16 01:05 PM

I order all of my Sunline FC sniper in the bulk 1200 yard spools, with the odd lengths that some of these lines come in, I seemed to be wasting a lot of line on the smaller spools. I generally buy a couple of each diameter I use per year and just keep them stored in my closet out of the heat/cold and direct sunlight and each stays in perfect shape.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum