Texas Fishing Forum

Just turned 30, time to finally fish Falcon

Posted By: ABit

Just turned 30, time to finally fish Falcon - 07/02/16 04:37 AM

I turned thirty last week and I am finally making my first Falcon Lake trip. It's only going to be a one day trip next Sunday but I will take what I can get with the hours I work. I'm taking my 10 year old and my wife. First question, if I stay on the Texas side, do I have anything to worry about? I'm convinced that it will be a safe trip but I'd like to calm my wife's nerves.

Second, any summer advice for Falcon? I've heard deep cranking and the good ole Texas rig does well this time of year. Any other color or bait suggestions? I want to make sure my son and wife catch a few so I can convince them the drive is worth it. As always, thanks for your help!
Posted By: Chet

Re: Just turned 30, time to finally fish Falcon - 07/02/16 12:43 PM

Never felt concern on any part of the lake, this link will get you info on what's working and what to fish.

http://www.tackleandrods.com/lake/flash.htm
Posted By: JimmysteedLFGS

Re: Just turned 30, time to finally fish Falcon - 07/02/16 01:49 PM

You picked a good time to come to falcon, you can go to the freshwater report section and see the reports I have been posting the last few weeks, those patterns are still working 8-12 ft mainly. I fish 80% of my day on the Mexican side and I would have no problem in taking my kids with me( have many times) so Tex side really not an issue. Couple of thing you do have to watch is for sure the heat right now take plenty of water and also the wind is not suppose to be too bad Sunday but just keep an eye out cus the lake can get rough on anything over 18-20 mph. Hope this helps good luck. Jimmy steed, Lake Falcon Guide Service.

Re: Just turned 30, time to finally fish Falcon - 07/02/16 11:52 PM

Thanks for the information! Does a ten year old need a Mexico fishing license or just the adults?
Posted By: otay michael

Re: Just turned 30, time to finally fish Falcon - 07/03/16 03:32 AM

Happy Birthday.

I loved Falcon, got some nice ones on top, but I always fish top, and usually do quite well. But that was late fall too.
Have fun, post a report.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Just turned 30, time to finally fish Falcon - 07/03/16 03:41 AM

I'll be 30 next week cheers
Anybody that might hold a rod needs a Mexico license if you have a license then there's nothing to worry about.stop by the local tackle shops and they'll let you know what's up

Oh yeah a 10 mph wind is like a 20 on any other lake

Re: Just turned 30, time to finally fish Falcon - 07/03/16 03:54 AM

Thanks Otay Michael. Happy early birthday bradnitro175. I'll make sure I get all three of us a license. I moved to Corpus from DFW a little over two years ago. I fish Coleto Creek pretty often and it's the same way with the wind. Must be a South Texas thing.
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Just turned 30, time to finally fish Falcon - 07/03/16 03:56 AM

We are headed to Falcon Fri-Monday this next week. Hope the bite holds as it's been great from what I hear!!!!!
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Just turned 30, time to finally fish Falcon - 07/03/16 02:51 PM

If you cross over to Mexico, everyone in the boat HAS to have a Mexico Fishing License fishing or not.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum