Texas Fishing Forum

What's Fork Doing?

Posted By: Dakota22

What's Fork Doing? - 06/30/16 03:36 AM

Thinking about going out to Fork sometime in July. What's it been doing? Haven't been out since May.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: What's Fork Doing? - 06/30/16 04:16 AM

join us in the sandbass tournament sat July 2 to help get lots of sandbass taken out of the lake.

info below.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...NT#Post11673703
Posted By: Shawn Mead

Re: What's Fork Doing? - 06/30/16 08:40 AM

Fish are moving out and stacking up....15-25' of water.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: What's Fork Doing? - 06/30/16 11:02 AM

It's yielding a really good frog bite early and some schooling on points but seem to be impossible to catch.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: What's Fork Doing? - 06/30/16 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Dakota22
Thinking about going out to Fork sometime in July. What's it been doing?

It is being overrun with Sand bass, thats what!

All over the lake, the areas where we used to catch quality black bass, is infested with these silly sand bass. You cannot pull a deep crankabit across any deep structure anymore without getting one of the stupid things on your lure.

Come help us take some out of the lake this Sat!!
Posted By: ABit

Re: What's Fork Doing? - 06/30/16 05:13 PM

I went out two weeks ago and fished it Saturday and Sunday. The two patterns I found were as follows. I caught them early morning until 9 AM on white/chartreuse square bills. Fished main points and caught them in 8-10 ft of water. After 9, I fished Dales Hump, at least that's what I heard it's called, and caught a couple beasts in the square bill. Then moved to 15+ ft of water and drop shot and Carolina rigged until noon... I had enough of the heat both days by then.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: What's Fork Doing? - 06/30/16 05:37 PM

If you find the right deep water spot as mentioned you'll have an excellent day on the water...
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: What's Fork Doing? - 06/30/16 06:07 PM

Fishing first thing and in the evening is off the chains. Lots of big schools firing up. Go look in the plugs and announc. section under my guide post. Swimbaits, big cranks, big flukes, and football jigs will get you ate in 15-28 foot.
Posted By: Dakota22

Re: What's Fork Doing? - 07/01/16 01:54 AM

Thanks guys for all the info! Hopefully by mid July I can finally make it back out that way!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum