Texas Fishing Forum

Next Working Man's on Alan Henry is 7/8 NOT 7/1

Posted By: Thad Rains

Next Working Man's on Alan Henry is 7/8 NOT 7/1 - 06/28/16 08:13 PM

I know that is not the regular date of when we have our T's, but I feel it is MUCH better NOT having to deal with teh pleasure boaters during the long weekend. Just my thought.

Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: Michael.Beaty

Re: Next Working Man's on Alan Henry is 7/8 NOT 7/1 - 06/28/16 08:29 PM

Sounds like you have the right idea
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Next Working Man's on Alan Henry is 7/8 NOT 7/1 - 06/29/16 04:10 AM

Came across this on the city of lubbock pager earlier today. Is this an old rule that no longer applies?

Between the time period of July 1-September 1 each year, only paper tournaments will be allowed. Contact the City of Lubbock at (806) 775-2673 for further information. Fish mortality increases tremendously during this time period due to increased water temperatures in holding tanks and live wells. This is a waste of precious resources.

http://www.mylubbock.us/departmental-web...ion/tournaments
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Next Working Man's on Alan Henry is 7/8 NOT 7/1 - 06/29/16 04:16 PM

Yep, that is an old rule. THEY are the ones that set the 3 fish limit, not me. They said they had been doing that and it seemed to work out fine. So, that is what we have been fishing for. I asked them about that and they referred to the 3 fish limit, so I accepted that one. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck. Besides that, we are trying to take better care of of resource, as bass fishermen, that ever before. Hopefully, that continues to be priority.

Thad Rains
Posted By: fishsonar

Re: Next Working Man's on Alan Henry is 7/8 NOT 7/1 - 06/29/16 04:34 PM

agree wit you Thad Rains
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Next Working Man's on Alan Henry is 7/8 NOT 7/1 - 06/29/16 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Thad Rains
Yep, that is an old rule. THEY are the ones that set the 3 fish limit, not me. They said they had been doing that and it seemed to work out fine. So, that is what we have been fishing for. I asked them about that and they referred to the 3 fish limit, so I accepted that one. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck. Besides that, we are trying to take better care of of resource, as bass fishermen, that ever before. Hopefully, that continues to be priority.

Thad Rains

Good deal. Hope to see you guys out there. We've had some pretty decent trips lately but nearly got skunked yesterday evening. If not for the 10" top water bite we would have been.......
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum