Texas Fishing Forum

Tough two days on EML

Posted By: sdgull

Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 01:39 AM

30 hours on EML over the last two days... Big fat zero.

Anyone else?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 01:50 AM

Went out today for several hours. Caught a 14 incher and a 11 incher on a swimbait. Targeted 10 to 20 ft today. Stayed south in the cleaner water.
Posted By: E-bright

Re: Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 01:50 AM

If youre talking about eagle mountain try not to fish it on the weekends. Its been hit hard with tournaments. I fished saturday after the iron man tournament and caught a 4 pounder and a couple of dinks. It was tough
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 02:10 AM

You fished 15 hours each day in this heat? You're an animal........
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 02:57 AM

Dang tough animal .
Posted By: GROD

Re: Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 03:45 AM

Went out Friday from 630pm - 930pm... We boated 12 or so with a few keepers... Docks and rocky points. Majority on plastics. Not many secrets on EM is the issue; So when the tournaments hit... The prime docks get hit, the quality points and ledges get hit, and the multiple community holes get hit over and over. Still a fun lake to fish though!
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 04:04 AM

i didn't know em had ledges
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 12:31 PM

Sat was tough for me, the bite was just off sat and don't know why caught 3 fish deep and 2 were keepers think I caught around 10 and only 3 keepers.
Posted By: Dr. Chase

Re: Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 12:38 PM

Fished most of Saturday and all day Sunday. Caught a total of 4 small keepers and one 4 pounder. caught probably 50 unders. Believe it or not, all of the keepers were caught in the heat of the day. Got a late start Saturday morning. Around 7:45 am I pulled up to the entrance at twin points and noticed a car load of tweekers dropping someone off on foot at the entrance gate. Thought it was odd, so I kept an eye on him once I got to the ramp to unload. As im getting my boat off the trailer, the guy proceeds to hop in the back of a tan dodge ram in the trailer parking lot. I couldn't believe he didn't even bother waiting until nobody was around. He was trying to get into the truck's toolbox as I approached and confronted him. I was able to keep him around long enough for the lake police to arrive. Kuddos to them, as it took them literally 3 minutes to respond.

Re: Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 01:15 PM

^^^^^^ Very nice!
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Brazos Bass Cat
Fished most of Saturday and all day Sunday. Caught a total of 4 small keepers and one 4 pounder. caught probably 50 unders. Believe it or not, all of the keepers were caught in the heat of the day. Got a late start Saturday morning. Around 7:45 am I pulled up to the entrance at twin points and noticed a car load of tweekers dropping someone off on foot at the entrance gate. Thought it was odd, so I kept an eye on him once I got to the ramp to unload. As im getting my boat off the trailer, the guy proceeds to hop in the back of a tan dodge ram in the trailer parking lot. I couldn't believe he didn't even bother waiting until nobody was around. He was trying to get into the truck's toolbox as I approached and confronted him. I was able to keep him around long enough for the lake police to arrive. Kuddos to them, as it took them literally 3 minutes to respond.

awesome! cant stand a theif...
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: sdgull
30 hours on EML over the last two days... Big fat zero.

Anyone else?

EM can be BRUTAL especially in this heat. Real danger of heat exhaustion ....give you credit for 'dedication' !

God Bless
angel
Posted By: will1979iam

Re: Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 05:39 PM

IMO the best time to fish in the summer is from 1:30pm-6:00 pm. Take in mind I mostly fish deep, but it puts em where they are supposed to be.

Re: Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 06:02 PM

Will, how's the Arlington bite been?
Posted By: carlots

Re: Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 07:55 PM

6-27-16 man you are really tough. i fished from 7am to 10 and had to give it up due to heat. caught 4 dinks up shallow on rocks.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Tough two days on EML - 06/27/16 08:06 PM

Haven't caught anything of size shallow since all the rain stopped about a month ago. I think all the good fish are deep.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum