Texas Fishing Forum

KVD

Posted By: Longeye

KVD - 06/26/16 04:01 PM

On top of the leaderboard, he's still tough..
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: KVD - 06/26/16 04:34 PM

Hammer
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: KVD - 06/26/16 06:10 PM

The only time I would count him out of a tournament is if both arms and legs are broken, even then he's still a threat... He could communicate with the fish and say jump in my boat... He's just that good
Posted By: reelswift

Re: KVD - 06/26/16 07:16 PM

Looks like win number 2 for this year
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: KVD - 06/26/16 07:48 PM

Maybe all them guys that claimed he was washed up will chime in on this one.
Posted By: Scott A.

Re: KVD - 06/26/16 08:06 PM

He just pulled off his second win this year!
He's a beast
Posted By: NitroUSAF

Re: KVD - 06/26/16 08:08 PM

Just to show everyone, there is a difference between good and great. I agree with Mike, the only time I would count him out of a tournament is if both arms and legs are broken. I can personally say I have had a bad two years (call it new boat blues) but KVD can inspire anyone to keep fishing hard.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: KVD - 06/26/16 08:09 PM

He's still got it
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: KVD - 06/26/16 08:31 PM

He's too busy meeting sponsor and schedule commitments to be dominant anymore. Plus he's old...
Posted By: Neches

Re: KVD - 06/26/16 08:43 PM

Yep, He's washed up, bless his heart.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: KVD - 06/26/16 08:51 PM

Congrats to KVD, great fisherman and just as good a man. My heart though goes out to Hackney. AOY might be over now. Never saw Elite fish a lake with 11 different restricted areas and hope they never do again.
de
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: KVD - 06/26/16 08:56 PM

If I was Jordan Lee, I would have just watched and learned... KVD is just that damn good. If I knew he was in the top 12 and he was fishing against me, I would just say damn, he caught another fish and another one... He's considered one of the old timers but when it comes to deep water cranking, just watch and learn.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: KVD - 06/26/16 10:02 PM

missing the classic last year got him all fired up and he ain't missing that again.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: KVD - 06/26/16 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan
If I was Jordan Lee, I would have just watched and learned... KVD is just that damn good. If I knew he was in the top 12 and he was fishing against me, I would just say damn, he caught another fish and another one... He's considered one of the old timers but when it comes to deep water cranking, just watch and learn.

Jordan Lee was leading for the past 2 days. KVD won with a spinning reel in his hand. Not deep cranking.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: KVD - 06/26/16 10:25 PM

In all seriousness KVD is probably the greatest angler tournament fishing has seen. Or at least that most have seen. Still well within his prime too. I would think he will win some more before he is through and retires. He has another Classic win or 2 in him I think. Might be wrong but it at least makes it interesting to watch.

The other stat that jumps out is just how tough it must be to win AOY in the Elites. KVD has won 2 events and is out of the Top 10 in points. Crazy.

Posted By: Longeye

Re: KVD - 06/26/16 10:50 PM

I agree Mark, you never hear anything bad about him from anybody on the tour or fans unless they are the jealous type. You don't win that many times by being lucky.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum