Texas Fishing Forum

Hackney DQ'd

Posted By: slim 285

Hackney DQ'd - 06/24/16 01:18 AM

What the hell is this all about ?
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 01:20 AM

http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_article/15619/hackney-s-day-1-weight-dq-d#.V2yLCJA8KrV
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 01:23 AM

Cayuga has 11 off limits areas, lots of "private property" that is off limits.

He fished one of them.
DQ
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 01:24 AM

Fishing in off limit area.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 01:27 AM

Leave it to New York state. fish
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 01:29 AM

Oh snap
Posted By: Brandon Dickenson

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 01:30 AM

terrible. He still has a chance at AOY even with essentially a guaranteed last place and zero point finish.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 01:36 AM

So is he done for the whole tournament or just today?
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 01:39 AM

got to believe he inadvertently fished an area that was not plainly marked or some confusion exists as to whether it should have been off limits....
Posted By: Brandon Dickenson

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan

Just today but same difference. Even a 20 lb bag tomorrow puts him in last for the event.
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 01:43 AM

He wasn't disqualified, just his weight for today. He'll be fishing tomorrow.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan

News reports said his first days catch ( 17lbs. 8oz.) was disqualified for fishing in a restricted area. Would have to assume he's still in the tournament by the way they worded it. Hope so, he's still my " dawg ". There are 11 restricted areas at Cayuga but supposedly the anglers were informed of them at a meeting before the tournament started.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 02:00 AM

Bummer.... Bass even posts a photo blog that they say shows the infraction.

http://www.bassmaster.com/slideshow/hackney-water-0
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 02:28 AM

Must be real confusing as to where you are not allowed to fish.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 02:29 AM

BASS Elite series should never go to a venue that has off limits. What a JOKE!
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 03:29 AM

That's as bad as fishing that lake in Minnesota/Wisconsin with different laws governing the lake. I think it was Palaniuk that had some weight DQ'd because of it.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 04:04 AM

that sucks! he will recover though

on bassmaster.com does anyone else having problems looking at photos i can click to pic 2 but it won't click to pick 3 or even back to pic 1 this happens on all stories with pics..
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Trickster

Fair point.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 07:37 AM

If they are going to fish lakes with off limits areas officials should be required to warn them when coming near an area or have the area hilighted on all of their GPS charts....
Posted By: PowPowOl'Son

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 12:37 PM

The good news is it let a cool dude move up to #1 in the AOY standings! banana
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: PowPowOl'Son
The good news is it let a cool dude move up to #1 in the AOY standings! banana

Gerald Swindle is not happy about it. He said in an interview that he wanted to earn it. He doesn't like to benefit from someone's misfortune. Him and Hackney are good friends off the water.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 01:25 PM

That's not good news and Gerald isn't happy about it, either.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 02:06 PM

I read on Bowman's blog he fished in an off limits area for 20 minutes.

I guess the real question I have for BASS is why are the off limit areas not shared with the competitors until the meeting on Wednesday. You practice for three days and find out that, "oh [censored], all of my fish are off limits"! You would think with the ability to communicate via this thing called technology that the info could be shared on the Sunday before so it can be added to your electronics. Sometimes I wonder about how BASS operates these days.

Just saw this on another board. It was not posted when I made my previous comments.

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/anglers-react-hackneys-first-round-dq
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 02:44 PM

Here is a good article from Bass. Seems like they posted all the "off limits areas" a month prior and even distributed maps showing them. I don't agree with water being "off limits" either but heck the rules are the rules. Chapman said he spent 30 minutes inputting all the coordinates into his graph just to make sure he didn't shut down near one. Sucks for Hack though. He had the AOY locked up.

“We emailed [maps showing] the off-limits areas for Cayuga Lake to all of the competitors before BASSfest at Texoma and then posted the [maps] while we were at Texoma (earlier this month),” Weldon said. “We sent out an email about them again last week, and then we posted them at the pre-tournament briefing Wednesday night.”
Posted By: jb504079

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 02:44 PM

Hate to see Hackney's catch get DQ'd, he's my guy. However, all of those guys are "professionals", and I'm sure Hackney won't be blaming BASS for the mishap. From my understanding, BASS didn't set those "off limits", but the state of New York did.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 02:47 PM

Did they DQ the other guy fishing the same row of docks in the pictures from Bassmaster...

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 02:48 PM

That's John Murray and I was wondering the same thing.
Posted By: Mike Yeager

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 02:49 PM

That stinks. Hackney is a good dude.

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
Did they DQ the other guy fishing the same row of docks in the pictures from Bassmaster...

good question... maybe it was all in relation to a "line" drawn from point to point.

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 02:52 PM

Looking at the leaderboard, Murray was not DQ'd. Guess he didn't go as deep and cross either of those two green lines on the aerial photo.

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 03:01 PM

He must not have. They (BASS) could always ask to see their GPS track for the day and that would prove it one way or the other!!
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 03:08 PM

In this age of electronics and GPS it seems it would be easy for BASS to come up with a way to give anglers the exact limits on their own electronics. But BASS seems to be technically challenged in just about every aspect.
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 03:09 PM

I wish they would post a picture showing the off limits area. Might make it easier to understand where he went wrong.

I just hate it for the guy, it goes to show you how EVERYTHING has to go right to win at that level.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 03:14 PM

Off limit areas are nothing new even around here. All pump stations are off limits. Many tournaments put gas docks off limits. It's not BASS's fault. Just an unfortunate mistake on hackneys part.

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: kellisag
I wish they would post a picture showing the off limits area. Might make it easier to understand where he went wrong.

I just hate it for the guy, it goes to show you how EVERYTHING has to go right to win at that level.

Did you open the link I posted? The map of the area in question is in it.

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 03:22 PM

Fouz- yep that article def has a pic with the area mentioned. that's why I liked it as I kept trying to find it!
Posted By: FSWITX

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 03:24 PM

Honest mistake for sure. No reason to break any rules, Hackney's a good fisherman and a class act.
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Originally Posted By: kellisag

Did you open the link I posted? The map of the area in question is in it.

DOH! Yea I read the article on my phone but didn't catch the picture. Thanks
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 03:39 PM

DQ'd?

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: reeltexan
DQ'd?

Day one catch, only. Unintentionally fished in an off-limits area.
Posted By: Dangerdave93

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 04:30 PM

In the pictures posted by B.A.S.S, there's someone sitting in the boat with him.. Wouldn't that be a BASS official? If so then he should know the off limits boundaries as well right? Couldn't give a brother a heads up just in case Hackney missed the marker?

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: JDavisfishing
In the pictures posted by B.A.S.S, there's someone sitting in the boat with him.. Wouldn't that be a BASS official? If so then he should know the off limits boundaries as well right? Couldn't give a brother a heads up just in case Hackney missed the marker?

No that's a Marshall who paid to be a Marshall and ride with/learn from the pros. But he cannot help the angler in any way.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 05:33 PM

Leave it to the Yankees to mess up a good thing.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris B
Off limit areas are nothing new even around here. All pump stations are off limits. Many tournaments put gas docks off limits. It's not BASS's fault. Just an unfortunate mistake on hackneys part.

Big difference from Texas waters and up North. Up North the Marina/Dock Owners fought to make the water around the Marinas private
water. We are lucky that TPWD ruled against Marinas make water private.
Posted By: FutureBass

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 06:21 PM

This private water problem is not just a Yankee thing!
http://www.bassfan.com/news_article/7182/kernan-applauds-process-after-winning-appeal#.V214rtQrKt8

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Trickster

Amen brother. Too much confusion and if the marina's and boat docks are off limits tell'em to yellow tape around them while the tournament is going on. Eleven restricted areas, never heard of such a thing.
realmad
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 09:08 PM

He got swindled.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/24/16 11:30 PM

aerial view and ground view are 2 different monsters. that really sucks, just hope he recovers and still wins AOY..

Re: Hackney Dg- ed - 06/25/16 01:04 AM

He weighed in 15-4 today. The man ain't no quitter. He's still my " dawg ".
flehan
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum