Texas Fishing Forum

Underwater green lights

Posted By: Bobby Milam

Underwater green lights - 06/20/16 07:36 AM

I like to night fish and really like fishing the underwater lights out at Fork. Problem is that is a long drive. Any other lakes in the DFW area that have those lights installed?
Posted By: bigbass87

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/20/16 12:28 PM

PK has a few here and there, but they are hard to find. I've never caught bass at these lights, really frustrating. It sure is fun catching striper every cast though.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/20/16 12:50 PM

There was a couple here on Lake Granbury , next to some of the deeper docks , lots of bait and fish going around in circles .
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/20/16 01:13 PM

Athens, cypress, Sandlin
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/20/16 01:36 PM

The one I've seen on Athens is full of Magnum Sandies
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/20/16 01:55 PM

Where are these underwater lights on fork?
Posted By: Joe Todd

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/20/16 03:18 PM

All kinds of underwater lights on PK. They are difficult to find but they are there. I mainly fish them when the weather is cold and yes there are bass feeding around them. Big One's.

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/21/16 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike_Soriano™
Where are these underwater lights on fork?

All over, just have to search for when they have them on
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/21/16 04:23 PM

Where are these lights at on Athens?
Posted By: Rog

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/21/16 05:52 PM

Friend of mine has one on Fork. If the cove gets crowded he will turn it off due to damage that has occurred to stuff on dock by bad casters not because "people fishing his light". Others are the same in the area so it can be hit or miss. Also have found once you get one or two off a light they tend to shut down and get skittish so need a couple to rotate between. Also cool to see how many fish charge a bait and turn off at last second........he has told me the fish have not really set up on his lights this year like in the past. Sorry can't give exact location just cruise around areas with docks after dark and you will find some.
Posted By: jb504079

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/21/16 06:23 PM

Any of these lights on Texoma? With all the docks, one would assume so. Planning a guy's night fishing venture over 4th of July weekend. Would be cool to find something like this.

Thanks.
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/21/16 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Rog
Friend of mine has one on Fork. If the cove gets crowded he will turn it off due to damage that has occurred to stuff on dock by bad casters not because "people fishing his light". Others are the same in the area so it can be hit or miss. Also have found once you get one or two off a light they tend to shut down and get skittish so need a couple to rotate between. Also cool to see how many fish charge a bait and turn off at last second........he has told me the fish have not really set up on his lights this year like in the past. Sorry can't give exact location just cruise around areas with docks after dark and you will find some.

What area of the lake..I have no problem looking on my own I just don't want to have to run the whole lake at night
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/21/16 06:38 PM

Long Branch and Little Mustang, but there are a lot more.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/21/16 06:40 PM

What area of the lake..I have no problem looking on my own I just don't want to have to run the whole lake at night

Go to the areas that have a lot of good docks and you'll find lights at Fork
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/21/16 07:17 PM

Chris K ...... PM sent to you
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/21/16 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Nutman

Your back!!
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/21/16 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris_K
Originally Posted By: Nutman

Your back!!

Yep,,,,just barely. Gotta be nice

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/21/16 08:07 PM

You have to run the creeks and dodge the stumps to find them. You can't find them until you are on top of them and what may be on one night, might not be the next.

I just wish that I could find some closer to arlington to take my wife to.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Underwater green lights - 06/22/16 01:13 AM

Birch, Pensen.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum