Texas Fishing Forum

Bob Sandlin Lodging

Posted By: Ranger205

Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/16/16 10:40 PM

Looking for the previous post about an owner renting a trailer on Sandlin. Or any lodging other than Ragens. Thanks.
Posted By: Dbranch3

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/17/16 12:39 AM

We stayed at camp Shiloh, it was very nice and has boat ramp by bridge, they have several options.
Posted By: Wannabefishing

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/17/16 01:13 AM

You'll find him on the TFF as Just James. Great guy, good setup on Sandlin. Let me know if you end up needing his number and I'll find it.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/17/16 02:01 AM

Has anyone stayed at Ragans since the new owners took over?
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/17/16 03:58 PM

New owners? I heard it was for sale.
Try Super 8 in Mt. Vernon
Posted By: DaveS

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/17/16 04:32 PM

Sold back in late March
Posted By: Bardwell

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/17/16 04:50 PM

Made my first trip to Sandlin two weeks ago. Loved the lake, caught quite a few fish, nothing of size.

DO NOT STAY AT BAREFOOT BAY MARINA!!! It looked fine on line, but what a mistake I made. 1:30 in the morning and my windows are literally rattling from the woofer blaring music less than 50 yards outside my room. It was actually coming from the RV park also owned by the marina. This had been going on since about 11. We went to the store at about 12:30 and asked if there was anything they could do for us so we could get a little sleep. Their response was not really, that's just how we roll around here. I get it, people are at the lake and some folks like to have a good time later than others...but this was just amazing to me considering all the people in campers next to this dude and people in their cabins trying to sleep. This place is not family friendly, not fisherman friendly :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((!
Posted By: Ranger205

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/19/16 03:23 AM

Do you have a #....thanks.

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/19/16 04:29 PM

The church camp?

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/20/16 01:16 PM

It is a church camp also, but the rent to anyone, was very quiet there!
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/20/16 04:27 PM

I stayed at the Super 8 in MP and it has decent rooms and adequate parking.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/20/16 07:11 PM

Barefoot has turned into a hole.. despite the window dressing. Last few times I've been there, the girl behind the counter was rude and could care less if I did business with them or not....
Factor in the drunks clowns jambing up the ramp parking lot in the summer when your trying to load and it adds up to- I'll go somewhere else and so will most of the folks I know.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/20/16 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Bardwell
Made my first trip to Sandlin two weeks ago. Loved the lake, caught quite a few fish, nothing of size.

DO NOT STAY AT BAREFOOT BAY MARINA!!! It looked fine on line, but what a mistake I made. 1:30 in the morning and my windows are literally rattling from the woofer blaring music less than 50 yards outside my room. It was actually coming from the RV park also owned by the marina. This had been going on since about 11. We went to the store at about 12:30 and asked if there was anything they could do for us so we could get a little sleep. Their response was not really, that's just how we roll around here. I get it, people are at the lake and some folks like to have a good time later than others...but this was just amazing to me considering all the people in campers next to this dude and people in their cabins trying to sleep. This place is not family friendly, not fisherman friendly :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((!

Crank addicts never sleep......
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/20/16 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter
Barefoot has turned into a hole.. despite the window dressing. Last few times I've been there, the girl behind the counter was rude and could care less if I did business with them or not....
Factor in the drunks clowns jambing up the ramp parking lot in the summer when your trying to load and it adds up to- I'll go somewhere else and so will most of the folks I know.

Barefoot was a hole before the new owners. Window dressing? They have spent tons of money upgrading the place and it's nice. Most of the locals are thrilled to have a decent marina on the lake. It's the only place we have and we love it. It's not noisy every night, but if it is, try some earplugs and you will sleep like a baby.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/20/16 07:45 PM

Another choice on lodging is a cabin down the road from me. It's split in to 3 zones. One is basically a hotel like room with a king bed. One sleeps 10 or 12 and the other space sleep 4-6. Nice private cabin with nice grounds, fire-pit, smokers and grill on a few acres. You can rent part or the whole cabin. I'll look her number up later. Again super nice private place where you don't have to worry about your boat parked out front.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/20/16 09:06 PM

I fished an all night tournament last August on Sandlin. I was in Millionaire and the karaoke music coming from Barefoot was so loud I thought there must be a party there in the cove where I was. It didn't bother me because I was awake fishing anyway, but I can only imagine trying to sleep anywhere near that.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/20/16 10:17 PM

I stayed at Ragan's last October and it was fine. What's wrong with Ragan's now?

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/21/16 12:29 AM

Yeah barefoot bay is party central now, it's just a matter of time until someone really gets out of control!!

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/21/16 03:31 PM

It went way down hill after Mrs. Ragan passed. Interested to see what happens with new owners.
IMHO all trailers should have the carpet replaced with linoleum in the living areas and all appliances working,as well as serious AC work.
Posted By: kej

Re: Bob Sandlin Lodging - 06/24/16 05:12 PM

stayed @ regans twice in may and it was fine prices are still the same
new owner seams nice. Church camp was nice also but it got a little
tite when the church groups came.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum