Texas Fishing Forum

Big question I have for you all

Posted By: Austin.P

Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 02:51 AM

Your favorite brand of crankbaits, I know certain brands offer the best in specific areas whether it is square to deep...
What is your favorite brand, and why that brand over others, not because of hooks, the actual bait itself.
Which brand gives the best look!?
Is mega bass cranks with the interlocking ball bearings going to change the game?
Does spro offer the best shallow cranks?
How well do the jointed cranks work?
I have thrown spros a lot, I have multiple mix up of brands. I am just looking what you guys think,
Thanks.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 03:37 AM

H20 crs, & strike king they catch fish and are cheap
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 03:54 AM

Brads Baits are starting to win me over and he can paint any color you want. Strike king next.

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 04:17 AM

Yeah I have been messaging brad, sounds good
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 04:32 AM

1.Xcite XB-1
2. Discontinued lucky craft RC or RTO.
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 06:48 AM

Manns, Strike king,Storm
Posted By: Big Lunker

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By: bradnitro175
H20 crs, & strike king they catch fish and are cheap
Agreed
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 09:45 AM

Rapala DT Series
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 11:22 AM

Lucky Craft, Norman, Strike King, Gandy square bills.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 11:27 AM

Bandits or Lucky Craft
Posted By: pwarren

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 01:52 PM

I just buy the H2O brand from academy. I like using cranks but my wife loses a lot of them. She didn't just throw one into a tree on Saturday, she threw it over the tree. There was no possible way to get to the other side of the tree to cut the line and retrieve it.
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 01:56 PM

I'm not brand specific. I have tons of cranks from several mfgs that I use at some point but I guess if I had to narrow it down

H20 Sq. Bills, Bomber/bandit mid range and 6th sense for deep
Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 02:01 PM

H2O
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 02:42 PM

Squarebills I like the strike King,6th sense,old rc lucky craft, and h20 express after you change the junk hooks. For deeper Dover cranks I like the Normans,sixth sense,bomber.
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 02:57 PM

6th Sense for me
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 03:43 PM

Hard to beat xcite xb1 for your square bill needs love the weight transfer system and I love having the option of either using their silent series or their rattling series.

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 04:07 PM

I have heard 6th sense is amazing action!

What's yalls thoughts on hooks? Gama?

I wish I knew where to get X caliber hooks... If anybody even remembers those. Only the older guys should remember these.... BEST HOOKS EVER CREATED

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 04:12 PM

I need to check out the xcite store in PP it's just down the road Iv heard some exciting things from their products, would love to get my hands on, just everytime I head that way I'm more excited to launch and get on some pigs haha! #anglerprobs 101
Posted By: FSWITX

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 04:33 PM

H2O, Strike King, BPS, Rapala
Posted By: eggs'isled

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 04:56 PM

Bombers, from the ol'6A's to the Fat-Free series...they make a crankbait for every situation and I can get them anywhere if I need to in a pinch...long live Bomber !
Posted By: Darren Heavner

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: James Biggs
1.Xcite XB-1

Agreed
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/16/16 05:00 PM

6th Sense Crush 250MD

As far as "looks" go, I think 6th Sense is a good nominee. I've been using their baits ever since they came out and I have lots of confidence in them.

Hoffman's Custom Lures

These are great as well!

There are some guys on TFF that do incredible custom work. Guys on here like: basscatdad, bradshuflin, swalker9513, they all do great work.

Then there are companies on FaceBook that are incredible: Bubonic Customs, Catching Concepts, Twisted Customs, Kustom Krankz, etc..
etc..

You also have companies over the internet like: Pizz Customs, Get Bit Custom Baits, BB Lures, etc.. etc..
Posted By: HOTBAMike

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/17/16 03:54 AM

h2o is hands down the best value with good action. Ya can't get too upset at the wife when she loses a $6-$8 crankbait you got on sale for $2.99. Options for every situation or presentation and half off at least once every 1-2 months
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/17/16 04:12 AM

I don't discriminate. I've had a lot success with Bombers - Fat Free Shad & Model Bs, SK - 1.5, 2.5s, & 6XDs, 6th Sense - my biggest fish last year came on a 250MD & Bandits to name a few.
Posted By: McKinneyLonghorn

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/17/16 04:18 AM

I prefer the H2O crankbaits. I switch the hooks out because I have not had good luck with the stock ones, but at $3, you can put on premium hooks and still not have too much money into the bait. I have found the wakebaits, 1/8 oz squarebills and regular, 1.5 size squarebills to be the most productive models.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/17/16 11:48 AM

Strike king,Norman,6th sense, bomber. I have a few other brands and some I painted but those are the main ones I use.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/17/16 12:35 PM

Strike King, Manns. I have a couple custom baits i really like, but those are the 2 brands i primarily use
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/17/16 12:40 PM

The 6th Sense baits look awesome but for me they haven't been fish-catchers. I have more confidence in Strike King and H2O.
Posted By: raveon

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/17/16 04:12 PM

I have had my best luck with Manns,Strike King and Bandit. I also used to use the BPS Egg but not so much anymore
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Big question I have for you all - 06/17/16 07:19 PM

6th Sense- Crush Flat 75X/Crush 50X: I can get these through almost any type of cover.
Spro- Little John series/ Fat Poppa 55: Always seem to catch something on these dudes.
Strike King- Makes a crank for every depth.
H20 Xpress- Great value and don't get pizzed if I lose one, lol.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum