Texas Fishing Forum

Best bargain rod..$100ish

Posted By: crankn101

Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 03:46 AM

Just wondering what rods you guys are throwing in the $100 price range?

I have an older Shimano Compre I really like and a new one I havent used yet, a few lamiglass Infinity rods I also like but would like others opinions.

Rods would be for swimming jigs and skipping docks and under bushes or maybe a light weight flipping stick.

Thanks
Posted By: Santonio Banderas

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 03:47 AM

For that price I think the Temple Forks
Posted By: hookinbass

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 03:53 AM

Falcon Bucoo is a good rod
Posted By: Fishing Guide Chad Petrie

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 03:54 AM

Falcon Bucoo
St. Croix Premier
Omen Black
My three choices right around $100-$120

Don't be afraid to buy used rods of the trading forum, just make sure you know what you're looking at before going to buy. Rod tip repair, condition of the cork, how old is the rod. Sometimes you can find one and make your dollar go further.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 04:02 AM

Falcon Bucoo

If you ask me, the Bucoo is the best rod in the $100 price range. The lightweight design and overall sensitivity/balance blows all the others away. These rods are freakishly light and are built hardy. Their true to form and I've never had a problem with a single one. Hell of a rod for $100!
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 04:13 AM

RIGHT ON. I forgot all about the Bucoo series, I think im going to order one next week. Ordering a Crucial right now.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 04:14 AM

Bucoo or lews
Posted By: Steven Hennige

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 04:34 AM

Carrot stix, wild wild orange Very sensitive, Have what they call semi micro guides. in between the two.
A very forgotten brand the last few years, still make good rods.
Posted By: bruton1

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 04:59 AM

Dobyns fury
Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 05:12 AM

Dobyns 704 fury
Posted By: Whitehog29

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 05:17 AM

Powell Inferno
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 07:03 AM

Crucial.
Posted By: Jdunn12

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 11:45 AM

I am a fan of the Duckett Ghost Rods. I have used most of the $100 dollar rods out there and it has been my go to. The Falcon bucoo's are great and superlight for fishing all day. I would say the veritas are pretty close as well and good sensitivity with their 30 ton blanks.
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 01:08 PM

I have an Omen Black that is less than a year old I would sell for $65. 7'+ Heavy.

Greg Ziemer
214-353-2806
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 01:22 PM

Falcon BuCoo
Used low rider in the classifieds for that price too.
Dobyns fury
Powel inferno
Omen black "I've owned 6 with no issues,others have had issues" o got rid of mine due to the short handle length.

Stay away from the ghost,any Abu Rod that price or below,any quantum that price or below, and I hate to say it but the lews line of rods that price or below are terrible too.
Posted By: 10 lbs or bust

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 04:17 PM

Powell gets my vote......also if you are on a budget I would look at folks selling used rods here and also a site that I use quite often is bassboatcentral.com.......

http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22
Posted By: RNF

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 04:49 PM

For $100.00 I would go with the Powell Max 3D model 753C for your needs.

http://stores.sheltonsclothing.com/powel...ukes-texas-rig/
Posted By: Dbranch3

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 05:37 PM

Yeah can't beat Powell! Diesel or inferno rods are right at $100 and worth every penny in quality for the price!
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 06:02 PM

Duckett Ghost series.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 06:07 PM

I have BuCoo and had a Ghost, definitely the Falcon. WAY better rod then the Ghost IMO
Posted By: eggs'isled

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 06:13 PM

St.Croix Premier series, light, sensitive, made in America, 5 year warranty all for around $125.00...
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 07:11 PM

Check the classifieds, a number of good deals currently.
Posted By: fish 4 5

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 07:34 PM

St Croix, Halo, or TFO are all good rod choices. Light and well built with good guides.
Posted By: nitroslim

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Whitehog29
Powell Inferno

APT has these for 129 I think
Posted By: LATECH510

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 07:40 PM

Abu Garcia Veritas!
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Ban-D
Falcon BuCoo
Dobyns fury
Powel inferno
Omen black "I've owned 6 with no issues,others have had issues" o got rid of mine due to the short handle length.

Stay away from the ghost,any Abu Rod that price or below,any quantum that price or below, and I hate to say it but the lews line of rods that price or below are terrible too.

This is funny to me. I've caught 6 DDs since last August and they have all come on Ghost rods. As long as you're careful with the guides (just like any other rod) and don't step on them or beat them around, they are fine. I've tried rods up to the $500 dollar range and I still go back to the Ghosts and Micro Magic Pros. Maybe some things just don't work for some people. I have about a dozen of them and no complaints here.
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: LinkLowrance
Falcon BuCoo
Dobyns fury
Powel inferno

This is funny to me. I've caught 6 DDs since last August and they have all come on Ghost rods. As long as you're careful with the guides (just like any other rod) and don't step on them or beat them around, they are fine. I've tried rods up to the $500 dollar range and I still go back to the Ghosts and Micro Magic Pros. Maybe some things just don't work for some people. I have about a dozen of them and no complaints here.

I bought my first Duckett rod 2 months ago. A 7'3" Heavy action Ghost rod. Broke a guide off on Monday while setting the hook on a fish, and wasn't slamming it. And I'm very gentle with my equipment. I actually wouldn't have a problem with this, except that I emailed their customer service Monday, and still have not heard back. Just my experience, and I like the rod other than that.
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: Best bargain rod..$100ish - 06/15/16 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: LinkLowrance
Falcon BuCoo
Dobyns fury
Powel inferno

Okay,I still think they're the hands down worst Rod out of all the $100 rods right next to veritas. I've owned every Rod I've mentioned plus a few. I shouldn't have to "watch my guides". I've also worked at a tackle shop selling all sorts of differnt rods. I'm giving input based on personal use and what I saw returned the most. Also side note here I caught over 40 fish ledge fishing with a crankbait Rod that's 6 years old, and was $49 when it was new just last Sunday. Does that make it the best? Absolutely not. the Rod got the job done and that's it.That's what the OP asked.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum