Texas Fishing Forum

Bryan, Tx Area

Posted By: Cfairbanks7

Bryan, Tx Area - 06/14/16 09:49 PM

New to the area and looking to do some fishing this weekend but I see that Somerville Lake is closed due to flooding. What are some other good lakes in the area that I could possibly try out this weekend just for fun?

Thanks
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Bryan, Tx Area - 06/14/16 09:55 PM

Gibbons Creek is close and the bass are hitting frogs on the lilly pads.

Fayette and Bastrop are a little further but offer great bass fishing.
Posted By: klockness

Re: Bryan, Tx Area - 06/14/16 10:05 PM

How far do you want to drive? Gibbons is the other option that isn't far but gate is only open 6a-6p Fri-Sunday. Lake Bryan has the ramp open now I think. There are a slew of lakes between 1-2 hours away in all directions.

Re: Bryan, Tx Area - 06/14/16 10:13 PM

I'm willing to drive up to an hour or maybe a little more. I've heard of Gibbons from a few locals and heard Conroe isn't very far from Bryan as well but haven't heard much else about it.
Posted By: Aggiebasser05

Re: Bryan, Tx Area - 06/15/16 02:56 AM

Sending you a pm
Posted By: legendruns1

Re: Bryan, Tx Area - 06/15/16 05:13 AM

I used to catch a bunch of good quality Bass on Lake Limestone. Not sure what it's like anymore tho. Gibbons is good too. Lake Bryan looked like a mud hole to me. Somerville was hit or miss.

Re: Bryan, Tx Area - 06/17/16 12:02 AM

Think I'm going to head out to Gibbons Creek in the morning. Anyone have any suggestions on what part I need to fish? Is it an open lake or stumpy, are there channel markers or boat runs to follow or just open?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum