Texas Fishing Forum

Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space.

Posted By: ChrisPowellFishing

Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/12/16 06:56 PM

I know this conversation has been Talked about in the Past. But my wife an I are in a Good Situation to Upgrade the Bass Boat. Wanted to Know Which one Has the Most Deck space up Front and Preferably one that has Dual Console. I Guide Part time and normally Having Myself and Three other people in my boat and its a pretty Tight squeeze. Just wanted Personal opinions from you guys and not sale pitches for the salesmen at the dealers

Thanks
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/12/16 07:06 PM

Legend v21 is about as big as they get...
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/12/16 07:24 PM

The legend V20 and V21 have the largest decks in the industry!
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/12/16 07:24 PM

I have a 2015 Legend V-20 single console that has a huge deck. At the time I bought it they said it was the largest in the industry. That was before the V-21 came out so like Jaret said the V-21 is now the biggest as far as I know.
Dual console don't hurt your deck space but does cut down on space andd ability to move around the boat.
Billy at Sartin Marine can hook you up on a great deal on a Legend when your ready.
Posted By: ChrisPowellFishing

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/12/16 07:59 PM

Awesome thanks for the response! Maybe a Removable Console then... The only reason I want dual Console is to keep the Cold air off my wife and/or Clients during the winter months theses dual Console really make a big difference lol
Posted By: danwill12

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/12/16 11:06 PM

Bass Cat Jaguar.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/12/16 11:08 PM

Triton 22trx has the best ride, huge fishing deck and a removable passenger console.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/12/16 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: danwill12
Bass Cat Jaguar.

Giant boat that will run the rough stuff. Everyone counts this boat out with a 250. But we have experienced low 70s with a 250sho. The Jaguar can also be ordered with removable console.

For a guide boat, think about how long you plain on keeping it and how much you actually fish. There are a couple boats on the market that handle the daily abuse without falling apart.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/12/16 11:19 PM

Bass Cat Jaguar.

OP is asking largest deck space, primarily front deck space. BassCat is one of the smallest front desk spaces I've ever been in for a 20-21 ft bass boat.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/12/16 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: ChrisPowellFishing
Awesome thanks for the response! Maybe a Removable Console then... The only reason I want dual Console is to keep the Cold air off my wife and/or Clients during the winter months theses dual Console really make a big difference lol

All the Legends prior to the new V Series have had modular removable consoles. I am sure these will too. Check out their website.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/12/16 11:51 PM

My skeeter 21i has a pretty big deck. There's a 22i in the classifieds
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/13/16 12:00 AM

V20 is really big. I locked through on the Red Rivers next to a V20 and it a little larger than my 921. The new Charger looks to have a really big deck also.

My 921 is large enough for me, its larger than most and a 921 has a pretty dang good ride too.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/13/16 12:23 AM

Buddy just picked up a new Legend v21. The deck space up front is ridicules. If there is bigger I've never seen it. But I'm no expert. It also comes with a dual console.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/13/16 12:25 AM

Another thing about my buddies new Legend. Nicest bass boat I've ever seen, of any kind.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/13/16 12:26 AM

Saw a V21 parked next to an Alpha211 Saturday. The V21 makes an 211 look like a canoe when they are side by side.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/13/16 12:34 AM

most Bass cat do have smaller front decks but not the Jaguar its huge.

The Legend is suppose to have the biggest.

The 921 Phoenix will not be to much smaller then the Legends but the back deck on the 921 will be much bigger then the Legend back deck. I would think over all deck space would go to the 921.

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/13/16 12:45 AM

also the Phoenix console can be taken out in just a few seconds and put back in the same amount of time.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/13/16 12:56 AM

New legends are suppose to be but the nitro Z21 felt bigger to me.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/13/16 01:04 AM

I have a Triton TRX 21, dont know how big the deck is but I could not imagine needing one any larger.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/13/16 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Bass Cat Jaguar.

OP is asking largest deck space, primarily front deck space. BassCat is one of the smallest front desk spaces I've ever been in for a 20-21 ft bass boat.

That's why we didn't say a cougar/puma. However,I spend 95% of my time in 2 places in my cougar. The 4sq ft in front of the trolling motor and my console. For every action there's a equal/opposite reaction.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/13/16 02:09 AM

Pontoon boats have the most deck space. Lol.

But, a really large bass boat would have to be the 21 legend or the newer 22ft boats.
Posted By: dmarkham

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/13/16 02:46 AM

I'm a Bass Cat homer so I would say Jaguar for a guide boat. That boat has to be the smoothest and driest riding bass boat I've ever been in. The luxury of the Jaguar is simply unmatched.

The V21 wins in pure deck size and is super nice also, if BCB wasn't around I would own a Legend. I've been to both factories and the people are top notch.
Posted By: Black Dallas

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/13/16 02:50 AM

tr22 has a landing strip for a front deck
Posted By: pinesjunkie

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/13/16 03:24 AM

I run a 2015 z9, tons of deck space has held up to 5-6 days a week on the water without any issue, only boat with a bigger deck is v20/21 and forget the other console if you plan on guiding.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/13/16 01:24 PM

Jeff Foxworthy: "every man wants a big deck": http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8z_XVioiKXM
Posted By: bbexotics

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/15/16 06:06 PM

Have had most boats made,biggest front deck is the Gamblers 2200, no doubt
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/15/16 11:24 PM

If there was a top view scaled drawing of a particular boat, someone on here could put it in CAD (or OST) and figure out the deck size down to the square inch.
Posted By: Fritz423

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/16/16 01:31 AM

USS Ronald Reagan I believe
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/16/16 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: bbexotics
Have had most boats made,biggest front deck is the Gamblers 2200, no doubt

cheers bannana2 peep
Posted By: Salter

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/16/16 01:47 PM

Someone on BBC did make the CAD drawing and the Legend had the biggest front deck...easily. The Phoenix had the biggest back deck, but the front deck was short. I noticed this in pics of the pros that run them and you can see the rod tips hanging off where the 2nd console would go. Their rods were too long for the front deck.

I run a FX21 so I'm not partial to any of these brands mentioned, but I will say the BassCat has the worst ride of the boats I've been in (it's just too light) and Legend has the best. I was lucky enough to be a marshall at BASS event each of the last 2 years and got to ride in a few boats driven by the pro's. Only people I know that have experience with the Phoenix and say they still like them are still running them. The others I talked with including one of the pro's was happy to be out of them.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/16/16 02:25 PM

My partner calls my FX21 an aircraft carrier. Plenty of room to fish 3.
Posted By: danwill12

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/16/16 06:15 PM

As the Proctologist said that is why he went into the profession. "Because everybody has one".
Posted By: brennansgrandpa

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/16/16 07:31 PM

A perspective for you from one who actually owns this boat, I would suggest that you should really check out the BC Jaguar. All the details are online for you to see. It is a great boat. 94+" wide, huge front deck, massive storage, a dedicated rod locker for a co-angle/guests, storage behind the drivers seat capable of holding a spare trolling motor, unique tackle storage system and if you are really insane, they have one available with a 400hp Merc on the back. This boat eats up big water, and is anything but light weight. It is a tank. Tommy at Rockwall Marine would be very happy to talk to you about one. They had one on the lot recently, not sure if it is still there or not? Good luck with your search, it sure is fun shopping for a new boat!
Posted By: n_texas_basser

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/16/16 09:09 PM

The Ranger Z520C has one of the largest decks in the industry, Legend v20/21 possibly same/bigger. At my pedestal on the front deck, I have 73" of carpet across the deck, and no, that's not the widest part of the front, that's at the pedestal, I can have at least 12 rods on the deck and still have a partner flip on the front deck side by side comfortably. Hope this helps.

Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/17/16 01:59 AM

Lets start holding square dance lessons on the front deck of our bass boats, there seems to be enough room. grin
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/17/16 02:11 AM

Check out the new Charger 210 Elite... Dan
Posted By: TallBaldCypress

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/17/16 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Salter
Only people I know that have experience with the Phoenix and say they still like them are still running them. The others I talked with including one of the pro's was happy to be out of them.

Man, you win for knowing the most Phoenix owners. You know a few that own them and like them therefore keep em, a few that are happy to be out of them and 1 pro that got a better deal from another manufacturer. That's a lot of Phoenix owners!
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/20/16 09:39 PM

Someone on BBC did make the CAD drawing and the Legend had the biggest front deck...easily. The Phoenix had the biggest back deck, but the front deck was short. I noticed this in pics of the pros that run them and you can see the rod tips hanging off where the 2nd console would go. Their rods were too long for the front deck.

I run a FX21 so I'm not partial to any of these brands mentioned, but I will say the BassCat has the worst ride of the boats I've been in (it's just too light) and Legend has the best. I was lucky enough to be a marshall at BASS event each of the last 2 years and got to ride in a few boats driven by the pro's. Only people I know that have experience with the Phoenix and say they still like them are still running them. The others I talked with including one of the pro's was happy to be out of them.
Link on the CAD drawing? Man I agree with you on the basscat deal, ouch.

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/20/16 09:59 PM

I would say if the rods are hanging off the front deck it must have been the 920, my 921 has a large enough deck my 8' rods do not hang off the deck. I am wondering how long where the rods?
Posted By: Ranger123 The Drop Shot Man

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/22/16 06:51 PM

Falcon Bass boat has a 99 " deck and a lot of deck space
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/22/16 07:39 PM

I've fished in a 921, a buddy has one, no problem on rods up front. I have a 721 and have no complaints. Sure see a lot of 921's running around.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/22/16 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: E5Zero
I've fished in a 921, a buddy has one, no problem on rods up front. I have a 721 and have no complaints. Sure see a lot of 921's running around.

How do you like that 721? The 921 seems a little big to me.
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Which Boat Has The Most Deck Space. - 06/22/16 08:51 PM

The v20 is 6'11 inside gunnel to inside gunnel, infront of the console.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum