Texas Fishing Forum

Networking my two garmins?

Posted By: Chris_K

Networking my two garmins? - 06/10/16 03:36 PM

Should I attempt this? I know nothing about it or what it entails. I Googled it but couldn't find any decent instructions. Also, if I can't make it happen, who around athens does this sort of thing
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: Networking my two garmins? - 06/10/16 05:12 PM

Head over to Bass Boat Central and jump in the Garmin GPS / Sonar tab. You'll get all the info you need there.
Posted By: MrYby

Re: Networking my two garmins? - 06/10/16 05:39 PM

I have my EchoMap, GPSMap and GVC all networked together. Just ran an Ethernet cable from the EchoMap to the GVC and another Ethernet cable from the GPSMap to the GVC to do the connection. Everything is pretty much plug and play from there. Nice Garmin feature. Also using Garmin Helm on my IPhone to control everything.

Re: Networking my two garmins? - 06/10/16 05:42 PM

I'll need to look but I don't remember ethernet ports on the back of my units? If thee is, I just plug and play?
Posted By: C ranger

Re: Networking my two garmins? - 06/10/16 08:37 PM

Chris,

U can network them, I have mine networked and yes it should be plug and play. I don't know anyone around Athens that can do it, but just run wire and plug into back of both units is all u should have to do.
Posted By: milkfisher

Re: Networking my two garmins? - 06/11/16 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: MrYby
I have my EchoMap, GPSMap and GVC all networked together. Just ran an Ethernet cable from the EchoMap to the GVC and another Ethernet cable from the GPSMap to the GVC to do the connection. Everything is pretty much plug and play from there. Nice Garmin feature. Also using Garmin Helm on my IPhone to control everything.

Probably a dumb question....but, What does GVC stand for?

Re: Networking my two garmins? - 06/11/16 01:26 AM

Mine don't have any plugs for networking on the back of my units. So do I just connect wires to the brown and blue wires?
Posted By: northtexascrappiehunter

Re: Networking my two garmins? - 06/12/16 02:45 PM

There are NO plugs for it, yes it's the blue and brown wires. Very simple to do to, you need a two conductor wire. Hook up the blue wire from the console to the brown on bow, then do the brown from console to blue on bow. All it is really is connecting the transmit wire to receive wire on both units.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum