Texas Fishing Forum

Skeeter Trailer

Posted By: kevinLL

Skeeter Trailer - 06/09/16 07:57 PM

Does anyone know where I can find a trailer for a 2007 Skeeter 21 I class?
Dual axle, metal fenders preferred over fiberglass.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Skeeter Trailer - 06/09/16 08:08 PM

There's a guy in Scotland Tx. that had 2, one with metal fender and one with fiberglass. I'll see if I can find his number and pm you.
Posted By: Jiff7210

Re: Skeeter Trailer - 06/09/16 08:21 PM

Steve smith @ smith boat sales Scotland Texas. 940-541-2245. Or 940-636-0097

Re: Skeeter Trailer - 06/09/16 08:26 PM

thanks, those two are gone.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Skeeter Trailer - 06/09/16 08:55 PM

Come over to Fork and ask Skeeter themselves. Also they HQ in kilgore, see if you can pick up one direct instead of through a dealer.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Skeeter Trailer - 06/09/16 11:51 PM

They want sell direct to customer. fish
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Skeeter Trailer - 06/10/16 12:35 AM

What happened to yours?

Re: Skeeter Trailer - 06/10/16 10:34 AM

My fiberglass fenders are cracked and the rubber step areas are sun dried and coming off. Surge brakes need some attention. I was given a price of $1500-1850 per fender, per side.
I wanted to see if it is close to same price to just get another trailer, new or a good used one.
Posted By: ETfishin

Re: Skeeter Trailer - 06/10/16 11:29 AM

I have the same boat and have the same problem those trailers were/are junk. I have researched it a lot and found some on craigslist new and have found that you can order a custom McClain trailer dual axle, brakes stainless hardware, led lights for less than those fenders, also you can buy a new e-z load skeeter trailer for less. But I refuse to buy from them again if they are making junk like that. There are many boat trailer companies in the Houston area that will build a lightweight aluminum/stainless trailer for that price.

Re: Skeeter Trailer - 06/10/16 12:35 PM

ET,
thanks for the info.
Posted By: BassSAT

Re: Skeeter Trailer - 06/10/16 01:12 PM

I agree, Skeeter fiberglass trailers are good
looking, but junk, i have the same cracking..
Posted By: dandeeks

Re: Skeeter Trailer - 06/10/16 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: ETfishin
I have the same boat and have the same problem those trailers were/are junk. I have researched it a lot and found some on craigslist new and have found that you can order a custom McClain trailer dual axle, brakes stainless hardware, led lights for less than those fenders, also you can buy a new e-z load skeeter trailer for less. But I refuse to buy from them again if they are making junk like that. There are many boat trailer companies in the Houston area that will build a lightweight aluminum/stainless trailer for that price.

I don't own a Skeeter myself, but my tournament partner does. His '07 broke to pieces and we are both convinced they're trailers suck too. Although, he wanted his trailer to match and still bought a new one from them for 6500. I would do the same as ETfishin and get a custome one built for way less if it was me.
Posted By: jhall239

Re: Skeeter Trailer - 06/10/16 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: BassSAT
I agree, Skeeter fiberglass trailers are good
looking, but junk, i have the same cracking..

Mine too, honestly as long as the trailer is neat I dont really care what the boat looks like on the trailer, I wont repalce the fiber glass fenders with the same junk
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Skeeter Trailer - 06/10/16 02:30 PM

My Champion is going to need a replacement trailer sooner than later. Texoma minerals have done a nice job of rusting it. I have looked around and will have an aluminum replacement built by McClain or similar trailer builder. If you fish Texoma.... it will eat a steel trailer.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Skeeter Trailer - 06/10/16 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: fish4bass
My Champion is going to need a replacement trailer sooner than later. Texoma minerals have done a nice job of rusting it. I have looked around and will have an aluminum replacement built by McClain or similar trailer builder. If you fish Texoma.... it will eat a steel trailer.
A channel iron trailer will last a long time on texoma, but a tube frame on will rust out eventually, even worse skeeter ez-loader trailers are very thin walled tube, cr@p.
Posted By: MrYby

Re: Skeeter Trailer - 06/10/16 05:42 PM

Good advice here! Get a galvanized EZLoader and you are set!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum