Texas Fishing Forum

ramps at ray roberts

Posted By: RANGER SKI

ramps at ray roberts - 06/09/16 01:44 PM

are the ramps open yet? or I should say what ramps are open.
Posted By: Classic Fiberglass

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/09/16 01:52 PM

Sanger access, Isle dubois and the Marina are all open
Posted By: ChumBag

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/09/16 01:57 PM

Is Jordan still good to go?
Posted By: RogerC

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/09/16 04:36 PM

Jordan was open on Tuesday
Level on that day was up 5.3 feet. Today it is up 5.4 feet.
Posted By: Longeye

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/09/16 06:32 PM

Why don't people just call the state parks or the marina out there and get your questions answered in a matter of seconds rather than sending a note on here and waiting for someone to respond? Damn, don't understand....

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/09/16 07:09 PM

All the other lakes list the ramp closures on line except for Ray Roberts. Sometimes people give extra information such as water clarity or how the bite is going.

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/lake/lakefacilities.htm
Posted By: Delvec

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/09/16 11:06 PM

FYI-Parkcop gets on here and leaves very detail posts on any closures or opens.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/09/16 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Longeye
Why don't people just call the state parks or the marina out there and get your questions answered in a matter of seconds rather than sending a note on here and waiting for someone to respond? Damn, don't understand....

I don't really like talking on the phone

I'll do almost anything to avoid it
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/10/16 02:27 PM

Deleted my post as I didn't see this one. Anyone know how much water they are letting out right now?
Posted By: adam_p

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/10/16 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: HaulinBass02
Deleted my post as I didn't see this one. Anyone know how much water they are letting out right now?

48cfs. Gates are essentially closed and have been for several days.

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/cgi-bin/rcshtml.pl?page=Reports&report=fish
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/10/16 03:01 PM

I guess they are holding back to try and let Lewisville and Grapevine out first.....
Posted By: SkeeterB

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/10/16 08:34 PM

Longeye-keep your rude thoughts to yourself. Too much negativity going on in this world today and don't need it on TFF.
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/10/16 09:14 PM

Letting out small amount , water clearity 2 to 3' not bad.
Caught bass on Spinnerbait, Hot lips deep crank, Tomato liz.
Blow out on truck on way home. an Angel with muscles helped us .
Never seen a 4 way bent, Tyler thank you !!!!!
Posted By: Brandon Potter

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/11/16 12:10 AM

Launched at Isle de Bois this morning. Only to find a busted live well fitting and taking on water frown so loaded her back up and came home to fix it..
Posted By: Longeye

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/11/16 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterB
Longeye-keep your rude thoughts to yourself. Too much negativity going on in this world today and don't need it on TFF.

"Skeeter", it wasn't a rude comment, just stating a fact.

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/15/16 02:12 PM

I ended up going Friday, Jordan was at the top of the ramp. The person trying to get on or off the boat had to pretty much get their feet wet because the dock was about 2 ft away from dry pavement. If there is a lot more rain that one will probably close too. The water was clearer than I thought it would be, maybe 1-2 ft. We caught a few small ones but the bites were few and far between. We tried many different patterns, but couldn't seem to string a good run together that day. I talked with several people and no one caught more than three but I am sure someone figured them out.
Posted By: buda13

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/15/16 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Longeye

As last I checked this is a fishing forum, lake and ramp conditions are certainly part of the deal and just some of the valuable information you can find on this site daily. I dont understand why people make comments like this, if a thread doesn't suit your fancy then don't open it.. pretty simple really.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: ramps at ray roberts - 06/15/16 03:05 PM

I caught lots of short fish on Saturday before the lightning chased me off the lake but no good ones. I also launched at Jordan which was a zoo.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum