Texas Fishing Forum

Oh ivie

Posted By: Fat Shaft

Oh ivie - 06/08/16 06:08 PM

Fishing oh ivie this weekend in a small club tournament and have never been to the lake. Does anyone have any info they wanna share about what depth they are catching fish in and an idea of what type lures. Not looking for secret spots just need idea of where to begin thanks in advance
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Oh ivie - 06/08/16 06:17 PM

I have never fished the lake either, but it has come up 13 feet in the last two months and about 10 feet in the last two weeks, so information that isn't from the last few days may not help much.
Posted By: Jkf96a

Re: Oh ivie - 06/08/16 06:18 PM

Hard to say. Lake is up basically 10 ft since last Monday. I'd stay main lake and fish the 6-10 ft depth if it was me. LOTS of fresh brush in the water, but not sure if it's been under long enough to sour and drive the fish out.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Oh ivie - 06/08/16 08:24 PM

It's still typical Ivie, hit or miss. I'm fixings to get on the lake and see what's going on today.
Posted By: hanson3708

Re: Oh ivie - 06/08/16 09:37 PM

I was there last Friday and Saturday. All I could get bit on was a dropshot, 20ft of water , searching little creeks and humps. Main lake.
Posted By: Fat Shaft

Re: Oh ivie - 06/09/16 04:00 AM

Thanks guys. Sounds like it will be tough. I'm just glad it finally caught a little water
Posted By: Fishinkev

Re: Oh ivie - 06/09/16 07:10 AM

I'd fish stumps and brush with creatures and jigs and tx rigged senkos . If water is chocolate go very shallow (1-2ft) if it's stained I'd fish 5-10ft. I'd also throw a topwater early if there is a some activity early.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum