Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Tyler and Lake Tyler East

Posted By: Bucketmouth69

Lake Tyler and Lake Tyler East - 06/08/16 04:18 PM

Let's talk about these lakes, successful baits and patterns, especially when targeting Bigger Bass in the summertime...
Posted By: Tony Maynard

Re: Lake Tyler and Lake Tyler East - 06/08/16 10:26 PM

Lol good luck. Not trying to be rude but bigger fish are tough to find on Tyler now. I had a great night at last Friday nights 7-1 tournament we took 2nd with I believe 18.29# 1st beat us with 18.39. They had a 7.61 big bass we had a 6.91 and a heavy 5. I know of a recent 9 caught shallow on a frog. Find points and humps and graph until you find fish and try cranks and Carolina rigs. Baits have been changing almost daily with what they want.
Posted By: Stew

Re: Lake Tyler and Lake Tyler East - 06/08/16 10:43 PM

Summertime big bass...ounce to ounce and a half spinnerbait slow rolled through deep brush.
Posted By: Swimbaiter

Re: Lake Tyler and Lake Tyler East - 06/09/16 12:44 AM

The lake sucks. Find another lake.
Posted By: Slefler

Re: Lake Tyler and Lake Tyler East - 06/09/16 01:20 AM

I quit going to that lake altogether unless I have to. It's close to home but with the pathetic fishing I'd rather drive 30-45 Mins. It could just be me not being able to pattern that lake but I'm not putting the time and effort into it anymore. This time of the year beware the pleasure boats.
Posted By: mada1983

Re: Lake Tyler and Lake Tyler East - 06/09/16 01:46 AM

Cmon Slefler you gotta fish it more than twice. But yeah it's been pretty bad.
Posted By: Slefler

Re: Lake Tyler and Lake Tyler East - 06/09/16 11:11 AM

Originally Posted By: mada1983
Cmon Slefler you gotta fish it more than twice. But yeah it's been pretty bad.

I've been there a lot more than twice lol. Listen to Tony.
Posted By: Bucketmouth69

Re: Lake Tyler and Lake Tyler East - 06/09/16 01:00 PM

I have brush piles all over the lake from 10 ft deep to 28 ft deep on points and on mud creek itself...Just trying to key in on the bigger bass...I've caught some, but nothing consistently...Bigger Fish seem either very scattered or not very plentiful either? Trying to figure out more of a consistent pattern...Maybe I'm not using the right baits?
Posted By: aggiefisher3

Re: Lake Tyler and Lake Tyler East - 06/09/16 06:06 PM

My in laws have a place on the main lake - east lake, so I fish there from the bank quite a bit. I caught 3.5s and a 5lber flipping the shoreline grass from the bank last weekend. All were thick, healthy fish. So that was good to see. Also caught a couple keepers off brushpiles in front of their dock. Typical summer stuff.
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: Lake Tyler and Lake Tyler East - 06/12/16 01:34 AM

Took 21 lbs to win out there today.
Posted By: Tony Maynard

Re: Lake Tyler and Lake Tyler East - 06/12/16 01:40 AM

Who won Fast Lane
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: Lake Tyler and Lake Tyler East - 06/12/16 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Tony Maynard
Who won Fast Lane

Randy Parks and his partner.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum