Texas Fishing Forum

Granbury or Joe Pool

Posted By: Mikeyb_23

Granbury or Joe Pool - 06/06/16 09:37 PM

My bil is in town and we are wanting to hit up a lake tomorrow. Which one would be better? He lives down by the coast and doesn't get to bass fish.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Granbury or Joe Pool - 06/06/16 09:40 PM

Joe pool
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Granbury or Joe Pool - 06/06/16 09:58 PM

Grandbury is trashed right now. Unless you just want to go on a boat ride I'd go to Joe pool
Posted By: Hittmanfish

Re: Granbury or Joe Pool - 06/06/16 10:08 PM

Joe pool. Fish the flooded stuff up shallow.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Granbury or Joe Pool - 06/06/16 10:09 PM

I wouldn't waste my time on Granbury right now. It's mud from one end to the other. Ate at Stumpys on the water a couple days ago. It's in Rough Creek by the 144 bridge. Amazing how much trash & wood is floating and lining the shores. I'd go just about anywhere but there for a while. People have been saying Joe Pool is fishing decent right now. Squaw Creek maybe? If distance was no issue I'd take him to Athens.
Posted By: Mikeyb_23

Re: Granbury or Joe Pool - 06/06/16 10:14 PM

I would like to try out Squaw Creek but they are only open fri-sat.
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: Granbury or Joe Pool - 06/06/16 10:37 PM

Before the rain boated 27 and 5 keepers on granbury. Went out Saturday and Sunday and boated about 10 bass give or take both days. Caught a lot and I mean a lot of sandbass and striper on a rigs and crankbaits both days as well as black bass mixed in chasing shad my son and friend even both doubled up at the same time while I caught 1 so we had 5 in the boat 4 sandbass and one black. 75* water temp and looks like chocolate milk.
Posted By: laketrash

Re: Granbury or Joe Pool - 06/07/16 09:59 AM

can you give us some idea where you ran into the sandbass? I'm down by the damn and not much here except big ole logs of the wooden kind! Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Granbury or Joe Pool - 06/07/16 01:03 PM

As north as you can go, close to thorp springs. They're almost anywhere a fast current is meeting a slower one.an example would be a creek coming into the main lake where dirty water is meeting clean water.They were just stacked chasing shad in and out of a creek they would bite about 100 yards or so into the creek and then stop.

Re: Granbury or Joe Pool - 06/07/16 01:06 PM

This isn't exactly where I was but it's easily accessible and they're stacked in there also. From the bridge heading to the main lake. They can even be caught from the bank with squarebills and 1/4oz traps.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Granbury or Joe Pool - 06/07/16 01:10 PM

Joe Pool +1 on fishing flooded stuff shallow.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum