Texas Fishing Forum

Tales from Bassschamps on Tawakoni

Posted By: Champion1

Tales from Bassschamps on Tawakoni - 06/05/16 02:37 PM

Well heres our sad story. My partners boat had broken down so we were in my little 18 footer which was kinda scary to start off with on that lake but it wound ok as the wind didnt blow. We had prefished and found nothing but dinks and it continued in the tourney. We fished grass, docks, willows even the dam but never caught a keeper. It was a really nice day weather wise. So lets hear how everybody did.
Posted By: Tejasbasshunter

Re: Tales from Bassschamps on Tawakoni - 06/05/16 04:09 PM

Dink fest -

Lake could be fun tourney lake in 2 years with all the shorty's running around right now.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Tales from Bassschamps on Tawakoni - 06/05/16 05:27 PM

What was the winning weight? I fished a tourney there last month and all I caught was short fish
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Tales from Bassschamps on Tawakoni - 06/05/16 07:11 PM

21#

BassChamps has results posted
Posted By: keithfishing0

Re: Tales from Bassschamps on Tawakoni - 06/06/16 12:21 PM

1 keeper a # 4.44 good fish and 25 dinks what a disappoint . Where did all the keepers go.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Tales from Bassschamps on Tawakoni - 06/06/16 12:43 PM

Welcome to our world at the wonderful LTBC, not to be confused with the LGBT bass club.

Tons of bait and plenty of yearlings.... We should be setting up for a nice run of fishing in the next few years.

I wasn't surprised to see how tough it was on everyone. Keep after them.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Tales from Bassschamps on Tawakoni - 06/06/16 12:58 PM

The water coming up around 2ft didnt help much either, caught a bunch of 13in fish and had a couple nice ones roll on frogs but they wouldnt take em.
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Tales from Bassschamps on Tawakoni - 06/06/16 01:16 PM

edit...wrong thread
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Tales from Bassschamps on Tawakoni - 06/06/16 03:22 PM

I would be willing to bet there was close to 2,500 bass caught by the 192 teams yesterday and only 136 of them were big enough to weigh in. Had a fun day, including our area of flooding willows getting invaded by 2-3# hybrids literally boiling the water. We gladyly caught about 10-12 of them really fast on swimbaits then moved away. LIke others have said, unless something dramatic happens, that lake will be a lot of fun in a few years.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum