Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Toledo Bend

Posted By: fx620

Lake Toledo Bend - 05/30/16 07:51 PM

Has anyone been on Toledo Bend? Planning too go there Tomorrow and the 1st.
Posted By: Preacher Ed

Re: Lake Toledo Bend - 05/30/16 08:13 PM

I don't think anyone has been over there. With all the threats of being whupped, breaking paddles, and Rat-L-Traps being thrown at people-everyone's afraid to be on the water. Or that is what I was told...lol
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Lake Toledo Bend - 05/30/16 09:20 PM

My guess is there have been so many whopper ploppers thrown this weekend the bass don't know what to think.
Seriously though, stay in boat lanes while running and idle outside of that. It's a beautiful lake that has tons of fish that can be caught in every depth range right now.
Posted By: SkeeterB

Re: Lake Toledo Bend - 05/31/16 02:29 AM

Fished there this weekend and did well after launching from six mile ramp.Caught them really good on a frog in the grass and Lily pads. I also did well with a Texas rig with a Grande Bass watermelon red worm on secondary points and main lake points with deep water close by.
Posted By: jbguide

Re: Lake Toledo Bend - 05/31/16 02:51 AM

Best places to stay if taking the ladies with us? They want to go explore and shop while we fish.
Posted By: RodBreaker CWill

Re: Lake Toledo Bend - 05/31/16 03:51 AM

gunna be hard to find anywhere that quick that is worth a damn. Most of the nicer places need a reservation at least 6 months in advance
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Lake Toledo Bend - 05/31/16 12:20 PM

Fin and feather is nice. I'm sure cypress bend is to.
Posted By: Easy Fisherman

Re: Lake Toledo Bend - 05/31/16 12:24 PM

several nice places at the Big bridge Louisiana side
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Lake Toledo Bend - 05/31/16 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: jbguide
Best places to stay if taking the ladies with us? They want to go explore and shop while we fish.

Cypress bend, they have spa, pool, etc.
Posted By: reelswift

Re: Lake Toledo Bend - 05/31/16 01:07 PM

Lake Fork Inn
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum