Texas Fishing Forum

Hubbard Creek

Posted By: fishonmyline

Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 02:02 PM

Catching some great runoff right now. HC running at 9200 cfs and Big Sandy at 3000 cfs. Little under 7' low as of now.
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 02:14 PM

We had 3" yesterday at our place in Cisco, and that was around 9 p.m. I know Breckenridge got hammered harder than we did.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 02:20 PM

HC is now running at 10200 and appears to be rising quickly. Sandy is a 3600. Should see a good rise hopefully.
Posted By: Jkf96a

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 03:23 PM

Yeah, been watching that all morning, looks good. I wonder if that'll be enough to fill it all the way up. Now if we could just get some in Ivie...

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 03:37 PM

In the last hour HC is running another 1000 cfs higher and Sandy is another 400 cfs higher. Sandy is running nearly 4000 and Hubbard is running 11100. I don't know if it will fill but I bet it gets close. My folks live on lake and I know for awhile they no water even close to their house. Now with the recent rains their place is an actual lake house again.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 03:42 PM

It will get close to full. The watershed got an average of 4.5" and all of the creeks are out of their banks. I live on Hubbard Creek south of Albany and it is running out of its banks and rising still.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: 9094
It will get close to full. The watershed got an average of 4.5" and all of the creeks are out of their banks. I live on Hubbard Creek south of Albany and it is running out of its banks and rising still.

That's really good news to hear. Would love to see HC full again and get back to being a fun lake to fish.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 04:08 PM

4.2" last night south of the lake on Big Sandy, it's a flooded son of a gun out here. All the creeks are out of their banks and running hard. Water will be running for a few days.

HC right now is 6.67' low.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 04:09 PM

Awesome to hear. Hopefully that lake will be good again in a year or two. From the fishing reports I've heard, sounds like it needs some time with more water to get back on track.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: jbcarroll3000
From the fishing reports I've heard, sounds like it needs some time with more water to get back on track.

Yea, it needs some time for sure. It was bad slow before this, now it'll be even worse. And we have rain in the forecast for the next several days.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 04:15 PM

COME ON BABY!!!

We got the water, just need a couple of years and she will be back to what we all know
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 04:24 PM

That's glad to hear maybe TPWD would consider restocking it.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 04:29 PM

The last time it filled up was June of 2007 and the fishing was awful until the following March. I figure the same will happen this year.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: 206champion

I heard they did about 3 weeks ago. I'll check with our GW to see if that rumor is true.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Stompy

I heard they did about 3 weeks ago. I'll check with our GW to see if that rumor is true.

I called and asked and they said they had not yet but it was #58 on the list so it would get restocked this summer. 150k bass.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 04:37 PM

I called and asked and they said they had not yet but it was #58 on the list so it would get restocked this summer. 150k bass.

Just talked to Cliff, he said he's not sure if they have yet but it is on the list. He said he would do some digging and get back to me. HC is coming up 1" per hour right now.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/27/16 11:19 PM

Has come up 1'1" in 24 hours

Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/28/16 01:04 AM

Has come up 1'1" in 24 hours

She will have the water. Let's hope she returns to her glory days!

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 02:41 AM

Big storm headed to the watershed. Let's hope she fills up. Just over 5' low as of now.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 02:49 AM

thumb
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 03:07 AM

Not my part of the country but I always wanted to fish Hubbard Creek. Lakes aren't much without water. a year or two of near full will turn a lake around big time. Hope Ivie gets some too. I like fishing arid country lakes. I lived in South Texas for years and fished Falcon and Choke. I bet Hubbard is similar.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 03:26 AM

Sitting at the lake house now facing west and probably the worst storm yet is coming.
A friend of ours in Albany just called and said it was raining harder than he has ever seen.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 03:42 AM

Now the winds are 70 mph and it is raining so hard you can't hardly see out. During a lightning strike we saw that our jet ski on the drive on dock has flipped over.
Going to the hall closet now. Bye

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 04:14 AM

Stay safe!
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 07:37 AM

Now the winds are 70 mph and it is raining so hard you can't hardly see out. During a lightning strike we saw that our jet ski on the drive on dock has flipped over.

How you doing bud?

Went to folks in new truck for this holiday weekend... now I'm under the awning at the church cause they are calling for hail but looks like it's falling apart... guess I'll go back to bed

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 10:27 AM

Just woke up and checked the water levels. This might be what will finally fill her up. Hubbard Creek running at 18,100 cfs and both Deep and Big Sandy running at 5200 cfs. She looks to be only 4.43' low.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 11:32 AM

She's a getting it now. Up a foot since 9:45 last night. HC running over 20k cfs.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: catslayer

How you doing bud?

Went to folks in new truck for this holiday weekend... now I'm under the awning at the church cause they are calling for hail but looks like it's falling apart... guess I'll go back to bed

We are good. Spent about 20 minutes in closet. It was a bad Azz Storm for sure. Gotta go find all of the water toys that were tied to the dock last night. Wave runner looks pretty bad. It stayed upright but it is beat to a pulp. Probably would have been better if it flipped and sunk. The lake is coming up fast.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 01:11 PM

Ok, I've had enough. Rain needs to move down to Ivie and give us a break for a while.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 01:24 PM

Ok, I've had enough. Rain needs to move down to Ivie and give us a break for a while.

Seen some pics of town and road to Daniels. It was going to take a flood and y'all got it. Hope there isn't to much damage.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 01:25 PM

Agreed
My big stock tank is about washed out, I can't get into a pasture, every water gap on the place is out.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 01:37 PM

Got some fences to fix myself, not sure how much damage to roads and fences on the ranch, going to have to dry up some first. Rain in the forecast everyday through next Sunday.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 01:46 PM

Just read on ktab that someone lost their life on 183 at the water treatment plant. Also said there has been a dozen water rescues. Prayers to the family that lost a lived one.
Posted By: Zach2

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 02:32 PM

How much rain did y'all end up getting in Breck? We ended up with a little over 4" just north of Eastland.

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 03:32 PM

I only had 2.6" last night here south of Breckenridge but I think town got more. It's been a wet week with 7.6" of rain in the past 5 days. HC is 3.65' low as of now.

Here is a pic of 183 just south of downtown.

Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Hubbard Creek - 05/30/16 04:11 PM

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/main-news/flooding-in-breckenridge#.V0xcM-85-EE.facebook
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum