Texas Fishing Forum

Hardest decision of the summer.

Posted By: ABit

Hardest decision of the summer. - 05/27/16 12:31 AM

Well, I have a decision to make and I need your vast knowledge in helping me decide. I will be headed to DFW for a week next month and I've decided to drag the boat along with me. I am wanting to get two lakes in during my stay. My initial thoughts were Fork and Tawakoni.

I don't get down to DFW near as often as I'd like so I want to maximize the lake opportunities while I'm there. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Hardest decision of the summer. - 05/27/16 12:41 AM

I would do Fork and maybe Holbrook. Holbrook is a fun little lake. No tawakoni, there are fish ther but it might take some time to figure that out.
Posted By: Zach Starling

Re: Hardest decision of the summer. - 05/27/16 12:45 AM

A lot of fish being caught on tawakoni but many small fish. I'd fish fork and either Hawkins or holbrook. Both great little lakes!
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Hardest decision of the summer. - 05/27/16 12:49 AM

Fork and Athens
Posted By: KickerFish29

Re: Hardest decision of the summer. - 05/27/16 01:17 AM

Benbrook.... Didn't you see they're catching 12.5 pounders out there, then I'd hit up Lake Worth
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Hardest decision of the summer. - 05/27/16 01:17 AM

Athens would be good but a little longer trip from dfw
Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Re: Hardest decision of the summer. - 05/27/16 01:28 AM

Sandlin till noon, then hit Cypress
Posted By: BAGaBass

Re: Hardest decision of the summer. - 05/27/16 01:33 AM

Fork and Athens
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Hardest decision of the summer. - 05/27/16 02:16 AM

Fairfield if it's an east/west wind and Hawkins if the wind is north/south--might not have the biggest or most bass, but are more enjoyable to fish (if you enjoy peace and quiet when fishing)
Posted By: BlaiseWeimer

Re: Hardest decision of the summer. - 05/27/16 02:35 AM

Go to Athens for the numbers and size then go to Fork for that one big bite.
Posted By: fshnbassrob

Re: Hardest decision of the summer. - 05/27/16 02:40 AM

Just fish Fork. You will get to learn the lake with each passing day. Plus, on your next trip out, you will able to prepare better.

Or, fish Fork a couple of days. Then fish Texoma a couple of days. Nothing like catching smallmouth.

Good Luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum