Texas Fishing Forum

Finding Consistent Fish on Lake LBJ or Any Lake in the Summer Months

Posted By: Connor S

Finding Consistent Fish on Lake LBJ or Any Lake in the Summer Months - 05/26/16 09:18 PM

My question is really focused on how you hear so much about finding a "summer haunt" and being able to stay on those fish all summer long. It's been my experience that, particularly on LBJ, during the summer months if I find a pattern and go back to it, it is virtually non existent the next time I go out. I haven't tapped into fishing deeper than 15-18 ft of water at LBJ, could this be why I'm finding my patterns falling apart so quickly during the summer?

Also, does anyone have experience fishing offshore at LBJ? Would like to get started doing it but haven't built the confidence on the boat we use at LBJ that's lacking electronics.

Tight Lines!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Finding Consistent Fish on Lake LBJ or Any Lake in the Summer Months - 05/26/16 09:44 PM

You may very well be right on the deeper water. I would have to know more about the area you found the fish in to make an educated guess. One thing I do know, they did not go far; so keep looking. Upgrade those electronics and spend the time on the water. Tracking those fish to where they live is not a easy task; but you did good finding a good group of Bass. Finding them shallow in a feeding pattern is the first step and as you know this not the only spot on the lake. Hit as many replicated areas just like that one as possible during the first 2 hours of daylight each day until you find others. It will take fishing at least 20 spots just to fine one that will produce a good shallow water bite at day break.

The more cover there is on that area the easier they are to track and catch on their way back to deep water.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Finding Consistent Fish on Lake LBJ or Any Lake in the Summer Months - 05/26/16 09:56 PM

I imagine fishing offshore would be quite difficult without electronics

There are a lot of good humps and rock piles on LBJ, you can see a lot of them on Navionics
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum