Texas Fishing Forum

Who Was Asking About Deep Cranking Last Week?

Posted By: fouzman

Who Was Asking About Deep Cranking Last Week? - 05/25/16 08:56 PM

http://www.bassmaster.com/kevin-vandam/techniques-i-used-win-toledo-bend

Great tutorial form one of the best, KVD.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Who Was Asking About Deep Cranking Last Week? - 05/25/16 09:30 PM

Makes ya sit back and realize how much goes on in their head, amazing.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Who Was Asking About Deep Cranking Last Week? - 05/25/16 10:36 PM

He's far from washed up. He fished that crank bait harder than I've ever seen anybody do it and never missed a beat. I would love to spend a few days on a new lake with him and break it down.
Posted By: wlgorman

Re: Who Was Asking About Deep Cranking Last Week? - 05/25/16 10:56 PM

That was me. Crazy how many factors weighed in. Who here has the patience/confidence to stay on a spot throwing deep cranks for 20-30 minutes without a bite?
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Who Was Asking About Deep Cranking Last Week? - 05/26/16 12:55 AM

wlgorman,

That would be ME!!!!!!!!!!!! I have sat on a spot over 2 hours throwing the deep diver, WAITING for them to turn on. When they do, WATCH OUT, because I am going to try to win the T in that next 10 to 15 minutes. Been there, done that. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: redmojo

Re: Who Was Asking About Deep Cranking Last Week? - 05/26/16 01:36 AM

The guy that won the Legends sat on his spot for 4 hours and only caught 2 fish, 1 being the 10.55 that won.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Who Was Asking About Deep Cranking Last Week? - 05/26/16 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: wlgorman
That was me. Crazy how many factors weighed in. Who here has the patience/confidence to stay on a spot throwing deep cranks for 20-30 minutes without a bite?

fish
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Who Was Asking About Deep Cranking Last Week? - 05/26/16 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: wlgorman

Me, if they're there. Just have to figure out what it's gonna take to make 'em fire. Once they do, a DD crankbait will catch every fish in the school faster than any other lure. BIG fish.
Posted By: wlgorman

Re: Who Was Asking About Deep Cranking Last Week? - 05/26/16 01:09 PM

Alright. Well ive got sub-par electronics. Humminbird 598 ci si hd on the console and lowrance mark 5x on the bow. Its real hard to make out detail with the 598 on side scan, but I can see obvious schools if there is no cover nearby. Anyone care to share a graph image of a school of bass (preferably not super obvious), vs a school of something else? Ive been trying to learn as much as I can about reading electronics but I think my bird is putting a damper on it.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Who Was Asking About Deep Cranking Last Week? - 05/26/16 02:05 PM

Awesome
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Who Was Asking About Deep Cranking Last Week? - 05/26/16 02:19 PM

I guess that guy might know just a little bit about cranking!
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Who Was Asking About Deep Cranking Last Week? - 05/26/16 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Thad Rains
wlgorman,

That would be ME!!!!!!!!!!!! I have sat on a spot over 2 hours throwing the deep diver, WAITING for them to turn on. When they do, WATCH OUT, because I am going to try to win the T in that next 10 to 15 minutes. Been there, done that. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains

Add Keith Combs to the list. Fishing Falcon we'd sit in one spot FOREVER without a bite, until they did. It helped me to see it done.

Great read above.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum