Texas Fishing Forum

BASSCAT?

Posted By: jbassman

BASSCAT? - 05/24/16 05:20 PM

Puma or Cougar FTD which one do you like the best?
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/24/16 05:23 PM

I personally love my P IV.
Posted By: B-rader

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/24/16 05:24 PM

I heard the new hybrid is the Champ hull , can't wait to see one
Posted By: Karl Dietz

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/24/16 05:25 PM

Cougar FTD
Posted By: Fishin24-7

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/24/16 05:46 PM

I have a Cougar FTD and really like it, haven't had the chance to ride or fish out of a Puma yet. I think they ride and fish about the same, it comes down to layout and storage. You might want to look on the Bass Cat Boats owners board, I've seen this discussed there with Bass Cat Boats weighing in on the topic.
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/24/16 05:56 PM

They are the same other than the storage layout on the front deck.
I had a Cougar and personally liked it better than the Puma but it's all about preference.
Posted By: Bassdeer

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/24/16 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Danny L. Weems
all about preference.

This, and price to me.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/24/16 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Brad Hardt

Their is a picture of the Hybrid on the BBC Champion threat. BC Puma top cap and bottom is close to 202 Champion
Posted By: TexasMo

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/24/16 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Danny L. Weems
I had a Cougar and personally liked it better than the Puma but it's all about preference.

this....

I run a Caracal right now.. love it
Posted By: TexasMo

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/24/16 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Their is a picture of the Hybrid on the BBC Champion threat. BC Puma top cap and bottom is close to 202 Champion

I could not find it on there.. got a link??
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/24/16 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasMo
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

I could not find it on there.. got a link??

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=706065
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/24/16 08:14 PM

I prefer the Cougar FTD but they are both amazing boats.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/24/16 08:47 PM

I have a 2012 Cougar FTD. Great boat. I think the hulls are the same on the newer Puma's and Cougar's. Difference is in the deck design. Cougar fits my fishing/storage needs better.
Posted By: dimitri

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/25/16 08:42 AM

i wanted a cougar because of how the boat is laid out. ended up running across a puma that was too good of a deal to pass up.
Posted By: jigging

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/25/16 10:43 AM

I am on my second Cougar because of the extra deck space
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/25/16 11:44 AM

I have a Cougar FTD and love it.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/25/16 12:22 PM

Cougar for the win! I miss the layout from the older cougar ftd models (2004 era). That model absolutely had the greatest about of storage. The new day box is very handy tho. But I like the old style.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/25/16 12:31 PM

I have a 2004 Cougar FTD and Andrew is right, It has a ton of storage and being the tackle nut that I am, I have it full.
Posted By: petro

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/25/16 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo
Cougar for the win! I miss the layout from the older cougar ftd models (2004 era). That model absolutely had the greatest about of storage. The new day box is very handy tho. But I like the old style.

Me too
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/25/16 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin
I have a 2004 Cougar FTD and Andrew is right, It has a ton of storage and being the tackle nut that I am, I have it full.

I love the day box section on the port side box on the front deck. It is easier for my as a tall fisherman to stand in the floor of the boat and get a pack of plastics out of the day box without having to bend over. The new ftd day box is closer to the nose. Only complaint is in the 04 is not having rear storage. To the original OP you will not be disappointed in either boat. We are having an Open House June 4th at Ross Motorsports. I believe we will have 5 or 6 boats arriving to be showed to people with questions. Ed Whaley with bass cat will also be here. Give me a shout at (936)465-5551 with any questions.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/25/16 02:24 PM

I had an '05 Cougar FTD and now a 2012 FTD. I like the extra storage on the back deck on the 2012 Cougar.
Posted By: bccougar

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/25/16 02:41 PM

I like the Cougar FTD lay out better. only draw back is the net storage. Puma has a better net storage but not as good of a front deck layout. Im selling a 2015 if anyone is looking for one.
Posted By: G Rod

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/25/16 11:31 PM

The Cougar FTD was my choice and I came out of a 2004 Cougar. Rear deck storage was a big improvement and front deck similar. The ride improvement was significant. As others have said, pick Puma FTD or Cougar FTD based on front deck preference. Front seat post on Puma is one inch further forward and gunnel to gunnel the Puma is slightly wider at the seat post but below top cap they are identical.

BTW, bccougar has the second best looking Cat in the metroplex, check it out if you're in the market.....
Posted By: Mo_Cat

Re: BASSCAT? - 05/26/16 03:20 AM

Running the 2012 Eyra. Great storage. Performs great and rides great. No complaints.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum