Texas Fishing Forum

Cleaning Boat Carpet

Posted By: Packers

Cleaning Boat Carpet - 05/24/16 12:56 AM

The light grey colored carpet on my Bass Cat could use a good cleaning. I'm open to suggestions on the best way to clean the carpet and not damage the carpet glue. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: DaleMcCutchen

Re: Cleaning Boat Carpet - 05/24/16 12:59 AM

I use Spot Shot to get some of the stains out, then run it down to the old fashion carwash with power sprayer, just use the water and not the soap, will get it looking good again.
Posted By: lodell23

Re: Cleaning Boat Carpet - 05/24/16 01:05 AM

Did mine this weekend. Flood the deck with water, spray 50/50 vinegar/water mix, scrub with brush, flood deck again, wet vac it against the carpet to make it stand up. Looked much better after. I just used a spray bottle for the water/vinegar and scrubbed small areas at a time.
Posted By: Capt Jerry

Re: Cleaning Boat Carpet - 05/24/16 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: lodell23
Did mine this weekend. Flood the deck with water, spray 50/50 vinegar/water mix, scrub with brush, flood deck again, wet vac it against the carpet to make it stand up. Looked much better after. I just used a spray bottle for the water/vinegar and scrubbed small areas at a time.

This^^^^^^^ The shop vac is key to a good result and a fast dry time without a mildew smell!
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Cleaning Boat Carpet - 05/24/16 01:49 AM

I did mine last week and was real pleased with how it came out. Bought five cans of 409 carpet stain remover . As I put it on I scrubbed it with scrubbing brush . Did the whole boat that way. Then took the water hose and started rinsing and scrubbing at the same time. The carpet looks cleanest it has in years
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Cleaning Boat Carpet - 05/24/16 01:51 AM

&amp
Posted By: danwill12

Re: Cleaning Boat Carpet - 05/24/16 02:07 AM

Go to BCB site and get on their owner site. Tons of info.
Posted By: ironmike

Re: Cleaning Boat Carpet - 05/24/16 02:38 AM

I use oxy-clean powder mixed with laundry detergent and dawn. It foams like crazy, but all the nasty stuff comes out. If you get a real bad spot, use Blue Magic in the aerosol can. Good luck.
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Cleaning Boat Carpet - 05/24/16 03:24 AM

I was thinking about posting the same question. Thanks for all the tips.
Posted By: balata9999

Re: Cleaning Boat Carpet - 05/24/16 04:09 AM

Soak and use simple green with a soft brush. Rinse and vacuum dry
Posted By: Packers

Re: Cleaning Boat Carpet - 05/25/16 12:13 AM

Thank you for your suggestions. I will let you know how it turns out.
Posted By: Mo_Cat

Re: Cleaning Boat Carpet - 05/25/16 02:35 AM

Soak it down and use Simple Green from yard sprayer. Scrub it with soft window brush. Will look like new.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Cleaning Boat Carpet - 05/25/16 03:21 AM

Simple Green is what I use.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum