Texas Fishing Forum

rod holders

Posted By: J.P. Greeson

rod holders - 05/23/16 09:52 PM

Does anyone know where to get the rod holders in this photo?

Posted By: Douglas J

Re: rod holders - 05/23/16 09:55 PM

I read somewhere a lot of people make their own
Posted By: Chris G

Re: rod holders - 05/23/16 10:04 PM

They are made by Crossed Industries

http://www.crossedindustries.com/exterior/truck-storage-tool-boxes/rod-tubes.html
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: rod holders - 05/24/16 12:47 AM

And they are proud of them$$$
Posted By: Trickster

Re: rod holders - 05/24/16 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
And they are proud of them$$$
I bet they pay for themselves over time.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: rod holders - 05/24/16 01:02 AM

Geez hope that price is for a pair at least..
Posted By: Kyhokie

Re: rod holders - 05/24/16 03:41 AM

I made mine with a 4"x10' stick of schedule 40 pvc. One end got a glued cap, the other end got a female clean out fitting with a sunken head brass plug screwed in. When I travel, the sunken head makes it impossible (nearly) to unthread without the proper tool. Just my .02.
Posted By: Texoma Striper Company

Re: rod holders - 05/24/16 03:58 AM

Finditparts.com
Conduit carrier kit

You will have to supply the pipe.I would use sch.80 pipe.It is UV resistant and dark gray.This will get you the same thing and save you a few hundred $
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: rod holders - 05/24/16 11:45 AM

ARE sells them as an add on.
Posted By: nate king

Re: rod holders - 05/24/16 11:55 AM

Judging from the website, seems to be a pretty good company
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: rod holders - 05/24/16 02:05 PM

For that kind of $ they could have made them look like ICBM's at least.
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: rod holders - 05/24/16 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Kyhokie
I made mine with a 4"x10' stick of schedule 40 pvc. One end got a glued cap, the other end got a female clean out fitting with a sunken head brass plug screwed in. When I travel, the sunken head makes it impossible (nearly) to unthread without the proper tool. Just my .02.

This ^^^^^^ You could even go up to 6" if you wanted to. Used the same thing for years when I was running a plumbing van to carry my shorter pieces of pipe, all thread rod etc. There are lockable caps available for them too.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: rod holders - 05/24/16 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by SRitchey
Originally Posted by Kyhokie

This ^^^^^^ You could even go up to 6" if you wanted to. Used the same thing for years when I was running a plumbing van to carry my shorter pieces of pipe, all thread rod etc. There are lockable caps available for them too.

I've been thinking of doing this, but hadn't figured out how to make them more secure. Good idea with the screw. How are you attaching them to your truck and making them secure while driving and also from someone taking the whole thing?

Update: this guy found the u bolts and end caps on Amazon for $50. I might do this this weekend now.

Posted By: Chris G

Re: rod holders - 05/24/16 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: nate king
Judging from the website, seems to be a pretty good company

They are one of Bass Champs newest Corporate Sponsors. I met one of the owners at the Mega Bass back in March. They have a lot of very interesting items they make and/or sell. The quality on everything I have seen appears to be very high.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum