Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Mille Lacs bronzebacks-Bassmaster Elites AOY

Posted By: bassfshin24

Lake Mille Lacs bronzebacks-Bassmaster Elites AOY - 05/23/16 01:45 PM

I think BASS made the right decision of the AOY tournament. Bass opener was on the 14th but due to bad weather wasn't able to get out until this past weekend and man it was worth the wait. I had a buddy last Tuesday bring in a smallie that weighed 7.4lbs. It was the second 7lber I heard about from last week. Smallies had started to move up on beds late last weekend and by Saturday it was game on. Friday our best 5 weighed in at 25.5lbs and on Saturday our best 5 went 25.2lbs. Big fish of the trip were 5lbs 8oz, 5lbs 8oz, 5lbs 7oz, 5lbs 5oz, 5lbs 4oz, and 5lbs 3oz. Can't wait to get back up there!

Posted By: beeflover

Re: Lake Mille Lacs bronzebacks-Bassmaster Elites AOY - 05/23/16 10:17 PM

nice fish, I hope none of the elites look at this and get disqualified.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Lake Mille Lacs bronzebacks-Bassmaster Elites AOY - 05/23/16 10:21 PM

I am up there June 5th for a day of fishing before a Staff Meeting. Hope to catch a few solid ones.
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Lake Mille Lacs bronzebacks-Bassmaster Elites AOY - 05/24/16 03:15 AM

I am watching a program about tank battles on AHC but I think you were living it, awesome!
Posted By: gatoreyes

Re: Lake Mille Lacs bronzebacks-Bassmaster Elites AOY - 05/24/16 11:43 AM

What a fun trip!
Posted By: bassfshin24

Re: Lake Mille Lacs bronzebacks-Bassmaster Elites AOY - 05/25/16 12:56 AM

Went back again today and didn't get into any real giants. Best 5 went 23lbs with big fish being 4lbs 15oz. A lot of prespawn big girls were cruising the shallows. Hope to finally get my 6lber over memorial day.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum