Texas Fishing Forum

Newbie to Lewisvile

Posted By: Warren60

Newbie to Lewisvile - 05/23/16 01:47 AM

I live near lake Lewisville, I have been fishing all over the metroplex and have just now started fishing close to home. Would truly appreciate any helpful insight y'all could share.
Thanks guys.
If posting it here is a concern,feel free to pm me.
Posted By: Do-Nothin

Re: Newbie to Lewisvile - 05/23/16 04:06 PM

Went yesterday, caught quite a few on rocky points and on rocks by I-35. Caught most of our fish on shakey heads and drop shot 7-15ft.
Posted By: Drummond1

Re: Newbie to Lewisvile - 05/23/16 04:59 PM

I haven't been catching anything big, best lately was a 4 pounder on Saturday, I seem to be doing best near the bank on the east side of the dam where they have been doing all of the repair work. Everything has been on shallow crank baits.
Posted By: acbrown1977

Re: Newbie to Lewisvile - 05/23/16 05:46 PM

from what ive figured out... best fishing seems to be in the old part of the lake.... east part over by colony is hit and miss for bass and cats... but theyre there

Re: Newbie to Lewisvile - 05/23/16 06:23 PM

Thanks fellows, I have only been twice and fished shallow, deep and in between. thrown everything I can think of and have had no luck.
I will see what happens now.

Re: Newbie to Lewisvile - 05/24/16 02:41 AM

Bump
Posted By: Tatorbones

Re: Newbie to Lewisvile - 05/24/16 02:49 PM

Caught a few on square billed sexy shad cranks. I manage to pull a few ok fish on power worms also.

Re: Newbie to Lewisvile - 05/24/16 08:53 PM

thanks tator

Re: Newbie to Lewisvile - 05/28/16 06:39 PM

So how was the "Ville" today? Anybody do well?
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Newbie to Lewisvile - 05/28/16 06:46 PM

Try the cove on northwest end of the I35 bridge. Lots to fish there. Deep rock point on the west entrance to cove. There has also been some recent dredging and dozer work over there.
Posted By: Diesel Doctor

Re: Newbie to Lewisvile - 05/28/16 06:47 PM

Try the cove North of Pier 121 Marina by the golf course. Picked up a few good ones shallow, in the flooded bushes. 8" lizards, watermellon and pumpkin seed.

Good luck
Posted By: wlgorman

Re: Newbie to Lewisvile - 05/28/16 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: lakeforkfisherman
Try the cove on northwest end of the I35 bridge. Lots to fish there. Deep rock point on the west entrance to cove. There has also been some recent dredging and dozer work over there.

Is that a good thing? Never thought it would be, if so, why?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Newbie to Lewisvile - 05/28/16 08:54 PM

fish the tires man

Re: Newbie to Lewisvile - 06/06/16 08:49 PM

Well y'all may find this funny, I have gotten to know Lewisville fairly well with all of y'all's help. Been from one end to the other fished everything from brush to rock to deep and shallow. Those green footballs have yet to let me find them. I am a stubborn old G.I and I will conquer!!
Thank you guys for all the help.
Posted By: G Pope

Re: Newbie to Lewisvile - 06/07/16 02:08 PM

I have been doing pretty well for the past month on Lew. Did not fish last week. Doing well ast as far as numbers go but not for size. most are 10-12". Have also had a few in the 3-4 lb. range. Fishing weightless senkos, spinnerbaits and sqarebills around shallow cover or anywhere the shad are busting.

Not good at fishing deep, but plan to spend a lot of time learning this summer so I can't help you there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum