Texas Fishing Forum

The Sand Bass

Posted By: snickers

The Sand Bass - 05/22/16 01:56 PM

In the past few years What I have noticed. Less Bass Way more Sand Bass. Might just be me but I feel while we worry about zebras and grass we should be worried about these guys.
Posted By: Neches

Re: The Sand Bass - 05/22/16 03:03 PM

Thats the truth
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: The Sand Bass - 05/22/16 03:10 PM

Have a plan to kill everyone you meet
Posted By: fishstick6

Re: The Sand Bass - 05/22/16 04:35 PM

they (TPWD) need to eliminate size regulations all together. keep all you can catch.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: The Sand Bass - 05/22/16 04:37 PM

Agreed. There can't be any need for a bag restriction these days. Let them be harvested by the hundreds or even thousands. I don't think there's enough anglers to put much of a dent in the population.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: The Sand Bass - 05/22/16 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: snickers
In the past few years What I have noticed. Less Bass Way more Sand Bass. Might just be me but I feel while we worry about zebras and grass we should be worried about these guys.

Do you fish fork? If so, the explosion in the white bass population directly corresponded with the loss of the grass. Same thing happened on Roberts and Austin
Posted By: Rog

Re: The Sand Bass - 05/23/16 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: 04champ
Originally Posted By: snickers

Do you fish fork? If so, the explosion in the white bass population directly corresponded with the loss of the grass. Same thing happened on Roberts and Austin

Huh!?

White bass are native to Roberts watershed. They were not native to the portion of the watershed Fork was built on. Some yahoos put them in Fork a few years back. The grass disappeared at fork when they first started spraying/treating it around the time of the "LMBV" fish kill. It has come back from time to time but disappears when they spray the hyacinth.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: The Sand Bass - 05/23/16 03:05 AM

yea i hope when the TP&W do their next shock survey they see the problem but since they can't shock as deep as most of the sand bass are 90% of the time doubt they will see the problem. Caugth a few this weekend, magnum too need to start keeping them. Don't think if everyone kept all they caught they would even put a dent in them, but hopefully we start keeping them.

cause like some stated above think they have hurt the lake more than they have helped it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum