Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni is on fire!

Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 03:11 AM

Wow, thinking about heading over after church tomorrow to do a little pre fishing for Bass Champs until I looked at the Team Trail outdoors results from today, not one limit of fish out of 52 teams!
Hopefully today was just an off day and the fishing will be better real soon.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 03:40 AM

You suck, was expecting a good report. lol
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 04:38 AM

Full moon Danny, I have really never had a good day on a full moon event other than the spawn... I honestly can't understand why the full moon reportedly is so great, my catch numbers are always a battle---new moon,all together a different story..... cheers woot
Posted By: zaspook

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 05:17 AM

Last Saturday had club tournament and only 15 of 49 brought 21 fish to weigh-in.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 07:17 AM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
Full moon Danny, I have really never had a good day on a full moon event other than the spawn... I honestly can't understand why the full moon reportedly is so great, my catch numbers are always a battle---new moon,all together a different story..... cheers woot

Same experience here... especially in the salt.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 11:56 AM

Full moon equals above average fishing @ night...which equals below average fishing during the day. Always been my experiences.
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Full moon equals above average fishing @ night...which equals below average fishing during the day. Always been my experiences.

That's basically it. I actually avoid hiring a guide 3 days before or after the full moon, basically that whole week. The fish are moving at night and it does affect the day bite.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 12:51 PM

We prefished 2 days. So for 3 days on the water we caught 3 keepers. All keepers were caught on a frog. We did manage to catch a bunch of shorts while prefishing flipping bushes and grass. I would love that lake if it just had fish in it.
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 12:52 PM

If you just want to go out for fun and catch 40-50 12" fish, then that is the place to go! I fished TTO solo yesterday and caught over 40. I had 2 that barely made the 14" line all others were 12"...
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 12:53 PM

On fire? Someone must be burning brush in their yard.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 12:58 PM

I bet Tawokoni is gonna be really great in another year or two. It's absolutely overrun with unders right now. Its fun to catch a lot of fish, but not when they're all 10 to 13 inches.

I caught fish on just about everything I threw at them last time I was out there. Dink fest.
Posted By: ChrisPowellFishing

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 01:40 PM

During full moon bass are normally feeding at night a lot better than during the day

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 01:54 PM

Sounds like my 3 days per fishing last year, had 3 keepers total.
Somehow on tournament day we ended up with 4 for 11.15# which was good enough for 9th place.
I didn't really have a solid plan, I had just eliminated a lot of water.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

People on twok don't burn their trash. they just throw it on the lake.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 02:43 PM

Was out there prefishing from 9-4. It sux right now. A few maybe 14" line burners.. Lots of 12" fish

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter
Originally Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

People on twok don't burn their trash. they just throw it on the lake.

Or throw it on the shoreline then light it. Seen that a few times.
Posted By: Gmac7949

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/22/16 08:25 PM

T-Wak sucked yesterday 8 pounds won the TTO and last place money was 6 pounds. caught a lot of 12" fish only one keeper for the day and ended up 21 out of 50 something, what a beating. and to know I have to be back there in two weeks for Bass Champs. Beat me now.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/23/16 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Gmac7949
T-Wak sucked yesterday 8 pounds won the TTO and last place money was 6 pounds. caught a lot of 12" fish only one keeper for the day and ended up 21 out of 50 something, what a beating. and to know I have to be back there in two weeks for Bass Champs. Beat me now.

Prayers sent.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/23/16 01:11 AM

It is tuff out there for keepers, but I had the fish on to have around 17lbs just couldn't get them out. Dink fest is an understatement I bet I had 70-80 fish Saturday.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/23/16 03:13 AM

Last 2 weeks were the first time for me on Tawokoni in 7 years or so.. despite being tough for keepers its been a blast to fish. All those little fish are healthy as can be, if the lake can keep some water there are really good years coming for ole T Wok. Once the water level settles I'm going back for more!

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/23/16 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris B
Originally Posted By: Gmac7949

Prayers sent.

roflmao
That's funny right there.
Yall talked me out of going today, gonna wait till next weekend to begin the torture.

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/23/16 03:34 AM

They all hammered em lol...they are just keeping you from practicing lol
Posted By: T CLIMER

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/23/16 10:54 AM

I lived on that lake for many years and that was a beat down sat. It is the worst I have ever seen it! Finished 17th on a 3.63 sad day! Lol....get to fish champs solo sounds like fun!
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/23/16 12:16 PM

Well....Bill Wilcox is on fish out there. I saw some pictures he took of the chunks he was catching out there.
Posted By: T CLIMER

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/23/16 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin
Well....Bill Wilcox is on fish out there. I saw some pictures he took of the chunks he was catching out there.
Well he only had two swimmers Saturday in the TTO!
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/23/16 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: T CLIMER
Originally Posted By: ezbassin
Well he only had two swimmers Saturday in the TTO!

LOL, yep!
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/23/16 01:45 PM

Well you just never know how you day is going to turn out. Some days are good, some are great, and some aren't so great but thats fishing.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/23/16 02:14 PM

Sounds like a slot lake limits... Fork and Twok are fishing pretty close to ea. other. Dink feast.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/23/16 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter

1+
Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/23/16 03:43 PM

If full moon has anything to do with it then why did other lakes around Texas have much different results from the tournaments? Lewisville yesterday put some sacks out!
Posted By: Oldman4750

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/23/16 05:29 PM

Crack house blow up? flame[b][/b]
Posted By: nate king

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/24/16 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By: T CLIMER
I lived on that lake for many years and that was a beat down sat. It is the worst I have ever seen it! Finished 17th on a 3.63 sad day! Lol....get to fish champs solo sounds like fun!

I warned you

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/24/16 05:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Rockie Martin
If full moon has anything to do with it then why did other lakes around Texas have much different results from the tournaments? Lewisville yesterday put some sacks out!

Twok has been poor fishing for the last month or so. I stay at holiday marina just about every weekend, I have seen a lot of guys come back with their heads down, including mine.
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/24/16 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: ChrisPowellFishing
During full moon bass are normally feeding at night a lot better than during the day

Night bite all the way! thumb thumb
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/24/16 04:48 PM

Makes the RHBC tournament out there last month look like a donkey fest. roflmao
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/24/16 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
Makes the RHBC tournament out there last month look like a donkey fest. roflmao

You got that right Tom. I can only think about our Century Bass tournament on Sunday the day after Bass Champs and how fishing will be.
Oh well, one thing I learned is that there are always fish that can be caught on any given day. I am looking forward to fishing no matter how tough it is.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/25/16 04:31 AM

Please don't use logic here Rockie. We must blame something so if the cows are grazing, the spillway is over and the pressure is unstable, it MUST be the moon. But yes..... One of the best weekends of fishing I can remember. I give full credit to the lunar tables (and some to those hungry cows.) wink
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/25/16 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By: nate king

Twok has been poor fishing for the last month or so. I stay at holiday marina just about every weekend, I have seen a lot of guys come back with their heads down, including mine.

If by month or so you mean year or so than yes.... Poor fishing indeed.

I think Mother T-wak missed two or three years of quality spawns because of the shoreline composition during the drought and then last year she was bearing fruit. I did the weigh in out there a few months ago and there were 4,5 and 6 pounders but hardly a 1,2 or 3 to speak of. The 10 inchers were everywhere and plenty of bait and adolescent blue gill. In another couple of years she will be a fun tourney lake again.

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/31/16 09:04 PM

The rains this week should put it out!
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/31/16 10:44 PM

Dang sure ain't gonna help!!
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 05/31/16 11:23 PM

Hopefully we get an early boat number so we can go home earlier!

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 06/01/16 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

I'm not sure that it can hurt the bite that I'm on. 2 full days on the water and only 3 keepers to show for.

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 06/01/16 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Lil' Louie
Hopefully we get an early boat number so we can go home earlier!

That's funny right there
Posted By: ZX 250

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 06/01/16 03:40 PM

If it was on fire it just got put out with all the flooding! lol_2

Re: Tawakoni is on fire! - 06/02/16 05:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Danny L. Weems
Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

I'm not sure that it can hurt the bite that I'm on. 2 full days on the water and only 3 keepers to show for.

your ahead of the curve
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum