Senko vs other Stick baits? - 05/21/16 03:08 AM

It seems to me that the Senko is heaver than other equal size
stick baits and of course it is softer. Is it the plastic formula
that makes it so soft and heaver? Also does the amount of salt in
them determine how fast they sink.

Thanks
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: Senko vs other Stick baits? - 05/21/16 03:17 AM

The salt content is a factor in the weight and sink rate. Blood is salty hence the salt content in artificial baits.
Posted By: fish hard for fun

Re: Senko vs other Stick baits? - 05/21/16 03:59 PM

You can roll a Senko between your hands to help release some extra salt. This can also soften the Senko and increase its action. 99% of those who fish these baits are unaware of their built in deflection and backbone. This factor determines where the hook should be placed for wacky presentations in order to allow the Senko to descend with maximum action. In addition casting down wind and in effect pushing your line towards the descending Senko will also aid in releasing the hidden powers of a TRUE Senko. Other than that, most anglers just stick a hook in one, toss it out, and likely catch fish.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Senko vs other Stick baits? - 05/21/16 10:05 PM

Lots of silica in the Yamamoto plastic formula = heavy and soft
Posted By: JkWho

Re: Senko vs other Stick baits? - 05/21/16 11:49 PM

99% of those who fish these baits are unaware of their built in deflection and backbone

Id like to be added to the 1%,can you elaborate?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Senko vs other Stick baits? - 05/22/16 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: JkWho
99% of those who fish these baits are unaware of their built in deflection and backbone

Id like to be added to the 1%,can you elaborate?
no [censored]....me too. .....and I have fished them for years...everyday. First I'm hearing about a magic spot on the worm. Hell, I use them till they get tore up, then flip em around and catch a few more. I can't imagine how many fish I could catch, or money id win, if I knew how to use them like 1 percenters.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Senko vs other Stick baits? - 05/22/16 12:06 AM

Are you talking about the egg sack?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Senko vs other Stick baits? - 05/22/16 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: fish hard for fun
You can roll a Senko between your hands to help release some extra salt. This can also soften the Senko and increase its action. 99% of those who fish these baits are unaware of their built in deflection and backbone. This factor determines where the hook should be placed for wacky presentations in order to allow the Senko to descend with maximum action. In addition casting down wind and in effect pushing your line towards the descending Senko will also aid in releasing the hidden powers of a TRUE Senko. Other than that, most anglers just stick a hook in one, toss it out, and likely catch fish.

confused confused confused confused
Posted By: plasma800

Re: Senko vs other Stick baits? - 05/22/16 01:49 PM

Head over to BK Ranch in Palestine.. maybe you could Yamamoto himself! smile

i'm not 100% sure what it is,, but man, do I keep coming back to the Senko!! I keep trying others, and other than Lake Fork worms, the senko is just amazing.
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: Senko vs other Stick baits? - 05/22/16 02:51 PM

WTH is "built in deflection"..you can't drop a bomb like that and then not elaborate.
Posted By: LunkersTV

Re: Senko vs other Stick baits? - 05/22/16 02:56 PM

I should show this thread to the man himself next time I am out there. Built in deflection is a new one but sounds interesting
Posted By: ChrisPowellFishing

Re: Senko vs other Stick baits? - 05/22/16 03:02 PM

yes the amount of salt can make a soft Plastic more dense. I like Big Bite Baits Trick Stick. they are dense you can throw them further when you fishing them weightless. Also Big Bait Baits trick stick seem to be less flimsy... than another baits
Posted By: BPP

Re: Senko vs other Stick baits? - 05/22/16 03:49 PM

Wave Tiki sticks are another great bait. As long as your fishing watermelon red with added tail.
Posted By: BPP

Re: Senko vs other Stick baits? - 05/22/16 03:50 PM

Dyed not added
Posted By: 361V

Re: Senko vs other Stick baits? - 05/22/16 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: fish hard for fun
Senko salesman are ya? Watch out boys, he's selling a HyroWave too!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum