Texas Fishing Forum

Nitro Z21 Demo

Posted By: lamoon78

Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/21/16 02:55 AM

Did any of yall ride in it at the Elite tourny last week at Toledo. Was curious because I rode in it just passing time and I dont know if that boat rides that bad or that guy driving didnt know what he was doing but I made him turn around and go back thought he was going to kill me. You would think they would put experienced drivers in those if they trying to sell them cause even if I was looking to buy one that demo wouldve changed my mind.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/21/16 03:17 AM

Riding passenger in a boat to test is pointless imo. You have to drive it. They wouldn't let you drive?
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/21/16 02:38 PM

I fished a tournament once that was giving test rides when the Skeeter iClass first came out.. The jack wagon driving it was talking about how they turned on a dime. I am leaned over listening to him while we were running and boom he yanks that boat into a hard turn. I fished that tournament with whiplash. He was right it turned on rails, a little notice would have been great and he got an earful about being an idiot.

To your point the driver makes a difference. I am still tainted on skeeter because of that ride.

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/21/16 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Riding passenger in a boat to test is pointless imo. You have to drive it. They wouldn't let you drive?
I know and no they wont let you drive but if there ever was a chance of me buying one which there aint that ride blew that shot. They should get people that can drive the dang boat not just any idiot. The boat seats sit way to high felt like you would fall out just sittin there.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/21/16 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck72
I fished a tournament once that was giving test rides when the Skeeter iClass first came out.. The jack wagon driving it was talking about how they turned on a dime. I am leaned over listening to him while we were running and boom he yanks that boat into a hard turn. I fished that tournament with whiplash. He was right it turned on rails, a little notice would have been great and he got an earful about being an idiot.

To your point the driver makes a difference. I am still tainted on skeeter because of that ride.

Now, that's funny right ther'.........
Posted By: plasma800

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/22/16 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck72

Yeah that would have pissed me off! That guy might have wound up in the lake when we got back.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/22/16 02:13 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/22/16 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: lamoon78
I know and no they wont let you drive but if there ever was a chance of me buying one which there aint that ride blew that shot. They should get people that can drive the dang boat not just any idiot. The boat seats sit way to high felt like you would fall out just sittin there.

If you look at the KVD photo sequence post, the first thing I noticed is that their legs aren't even below the gunnel. Van Dam looks like he's sitting on the back deck the seats are so high.

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/22/16 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike_Soriano™
Originally Posted By: lamoon78

If you look at the KVD photo sequence post, the first thing I noticed is that their legs aren't even below the gunnel. Van Dam looks like he's sitting on the back deck the seats are so high.
Ya didnt feel safe at all in that boat.
Posted By: SAT_Bob

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/22/16 10:43 PM

I was in a Z8 a few weeks ago and it sat really high also. Kept feeling like I was going to fly out. Must be a Nitro thing. Although their fish and ski boats are fine but that's a different style boat.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/22/16 11:16 PM

I like the Nitro seats.

If you're scared.....they have grab handles to accommodate you.
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/22/16 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
I like the Nitro seats.

They also have skeeters and rangers to accommodate.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/22/16 11:34 PM

Seats have always been high in a Nitro. Demo rides means you never make extreme right hand turns. Passenger safety.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/22/16 11:35 PM

I like the Nitro seats.

I guess you can sit on the floor with a life jacket for a cushion too....same thing as a Skeeter seat.

Haha....just kidding.

Actually a Nitro is safer than a jet ski. And now, thanks to Lazy Boy seats, dryer than old ones too. Sitting above the wave spray! grin
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/23/16 02:52 AM

Those Z21s look like great boats. They look setup for serious fishing platform wise and I would have no issue running one.
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/23/16 03:13 AM

I've never been in a 16 Nitro but Jim Tutts Ranger Z520 or 521, gave me the same feeling from setting so high. .Felt like you could get throwed out real easy. I'm used to my v-20 that sets so low you have to pull yourself up out of the seats
I'm sure Behind the wheel it would be different and if I buying, that's what matters.
Posted By: TxDispatcher

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/23/16 04:07 AM

I like the Nitro seats.

roflmao
Posted By: snickers

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/23/16 12:15 PM

Best boat ever Hands Down
Posted By: John P085

Re: Nitro Z21 Demo - 05/23/16 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: snickers
Best boat ever Hands Down
roflmao Thanks, I needed a good laugh today!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum