Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone here fish Lake Nasworthy?

Posted By: CubbyObrien

Anyone here fish Lake Nasworthy? - 05/19/16 08:05 PM

Going to be down there mid june for a tournament and was hoping to get some lake info, I will by lunch!
Posted By: Stanfo

Re: Anyone here fish Lake Nasworthy? - 05/19/16 08:41 PM

Fish there a couple times a year, never had any luck deep (which is a relative term considering the lake is 16' at its deepest) there are some nice areas with structure and a nice long ledge near the dam from when the lake was dredged several years ago. Plan on a shallow bite, flip reeds and lillys, square bill works in the morning and a chatterbait along the reeds has worked as well. Otherwise flip, flip, flip
Posted By: Viper Rods

Re: Anyone here fish Lake Nasworthy? - 05/19/16 09:17 PM

I used to fish Nasworthy a lot in the early 2000's. The bite was almost always shallow. Like previously mentioned reeds, stumps, and docks. One thing I did find that helped was making numerous casts to one target. Over and over and over again seemed to trigger more bites for me than anything else.
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Anyone here fish Lake Nasworthy? - 05/19/16 09:55 PM

There are two patterns on Nasworthy - flipping and shallow cranking. Use bright colors. Honestly that's all you need to know. Like Stanfo said, the deepest spot is about 16', over next to the spill way, so virtually all the fishing is shallow. Flip the docks that are falling apart, crank anywhere you see rocks.

Re: Anyone here fish Lake Nasworthy? - 05/19/16 10:37 PM

thnx guys! cheers
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Anyone here fish Lake Nasworthy? - 05/20/16 12:42 AM

Headed down to the LEO Games Chubby? That would be a good time, but a long way to fish an unknown lake. Wish they would have it closer to home someday.....

Re: Anyone here fish Lake Nasworthy? - 05/20/16 01:04 AM

oh, I know trigg! all they need is for a city to sponsor it! how you been doin my friend?
Posted By: Leever

Re: Anyone here fish Lake Nasworthy? - 05/20/16 03:38 AM

Cast netting always produces for me.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Anyone here fish Lake Nasworthy? - 05/20/16 02:08 PM

The topwater bite and the swimbait bite are underrated out there as well. It isn't just a flipping lake.
Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish

Re: Anyone here fish Lake Nasworthy? - 05/20/16 04:02 PM

There are decent pads that can produce up the river. I also HIGHLY recommend finding some rocks. They are few and far between, but can produce great numbers. Right now, the shallower you can fish, the better. Those fish live in inches of water. My guess is you will have a couple bags over 20lbs and then a bunch 12-13lb bags and lots of zeros and short limits. It's a tough lake for numbers. Docks and reeds tend to hold the bigger fish in my experience, but you gotta get lucky and happen across one. When you do, it'll likely be a nice keeper.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum