Texas Fishing Forum

Any help on Rayburn for next month?

Posted By: Okie Poke

Any help on Rayburn for next month? - 05/18/16 03:28 PM

This is actually not for me, but for a good buddy from OK. His son fishes Quawpaw HS fishing team and travels to Sam Rayburn next month to compete. Would anyone be so kind to share a little info on places to stay and fishing areas to concentrate on? They are launching from Jackson Hills. PM if you would like.....appreciate any help at all.

cheers Okie cheers

Re: Any help on Rayburn for next month? - 05/19/16 02:16 PM

I wanted to thank the ones that have sent PM's. I truly appreciate you responding and I know my buddy and his son will appreciate the info as well! There's no end to good people in Texas!
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Any help on Rayburn for next month? - 05/19/16 04:44 PM

I have a House there and most times fish a lot. I've been so busy working and other stuff, I'm not fishing. If I had any info would gladly give it but hard to fish and work at the the same time.

Thanks BD
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Any help on Rayburn for next month? - 05/19/16 07:28 PM

PM sent.
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Any help on Rayburn for next month? - 05/19/16 07:47 PM

We fished three days last weekend. Fished the Needmore point, pigeon? creek areas. Caught about 60 fish in three mornings up to 3 lbs. Fished the standing up grass, (not sure what it's called) on secondary points. The last day we caught on the points closest to main lake with grass. Senkos, wacky senkos, t-rig Rage Craws did the majority of the damage. Couldn't buy a fluke bite. Also caught several on frogs the last day. Can't wait to go back next year.

Re: Any help on Rayburn for next month? - 05/19/16 11:55 PM

Thank you for the replies and all the PMs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum