Texas Fishing Forum

Best Rod Case

Posted By: salex

Best Rod Case - 05/16/16 04:38 PM

Looking for a new commercial airline rod case to hold rods up to 8 feet. The past ones I have had almost always have a handle breaking issue. Anybody use one that takes the abuse of commercial airlines?
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Best Rod Case - 05/16/16 04:59 PM

Plano 46102 Adjustable Rod Tube

I love this on and it hasn't failed me yet. I've had it for a while now and I'm sure it's stood up to some rigorous abuse from baggage handlers. I like how it's lightweight and easy to carry through big airports. The inside is foam padded and is sure to keep your rods safe. You can also lock this tube as well. Definitely worth it if you ask me.
Posted By: LoneStarHusker

Re: Best Rod Case - 05/16/16 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94
Plano 46102 Adjustable Rod Tube

I love this on and it hasn't failed me yet. I've had it for a while now and I'm sure it's stood up to some rigorous abuse from baggage handlers. I like how it's lightweight and easy to carry through big airports. The inside is foam padded and is sure to keep your rods safe. You can also lock this tube as well. Definitely worth it if you ask me.

I have one of the ones posted above. It's durable, but it doesn't hold very many rods. I haven't found a great option on the market that is designed for airline travel. I use this one http://www.basspro.com/Plano-Jumbo-Airliner-Rod-Case/product/53148/ and have never had any issues with the handle, but the little locking pin got bent once. Southwest made it right.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum