Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts sucked Yesterday but.......

Posted By: Soft Tap

Ray Roberts sucked Yesterday but....... - 05/16/16 03:19 PM

I was gonna write a long story, but I'll keep it short as I'm trying to move forward. On day 2 of TTT we headed out to one of the flooded islands only to catch a bunch of sand bass. Pulled up and headed to spot number 2, and that's where it happen. Had a good windy long point, with only 3 fish for 2 days of fishing I was going big or go home trying. I starting making long long cast with a DD-22, after 3 cast I ask my partner to go back I was hung. I felt a tugging, I hadn't felt a fish bite in so long, so I told my partner its a dang trotline. Then the line started running pulling drag as it began to come up. Realizing it was something big coming up I tried to keep it down, but she came up clearing the water & shaking her head. It was the MOST beautiful fish I have every seen. (its like that moment was in slow motion), Pretty white underside fading into a dark green body, with a huge mouth. After she re enter the water I kept reeling only to feel the the wobble of my Deep diver again. Man That hurt so bad till it was hard to recover. Didn't catch any weigh able fish. I never caught an official double digit fish, but I can say she was possibly probably one, if not very close too it. Just had to get that off my chest, couldn't sleep last night.
Posted By: James P.

Re: Ray Roberts sucked Yesterday but....... - 05/16/16 03:26 PM

Sorry you lost that big, but it has happened to all of us and the reason we keep going back.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Ray Roberts sucked Yesterday but....... - 05/16/16 03:37 PM

crying now, next time woot peep
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Ray Roberts sucked Yesterday but....... - 05/16/16 04:06 PM

Tough one Paul. Those big fish heavy up on a deep diver and can really fool you. Sorry you didn't get her in. You'll get another chance!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Ray Roberts sucked Yesterday but....... - 05/16/16 05:18 PM

Good story and thanks for sharing. "Tis better to have fought and lost, Than never to have fought at all.”
-Arthur Hugh Clough
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Ray Roberts sucked Yesterday but....... - 05/16/16 07:03 PM

ouch what a heart breaker.
Posted By: BAGaBass

Re: Ray Roberts sucked Yesterday but....... - 05/16/16 07:52 PM

Stings twice as bad while fishing a tournament! Sorry brother.
Posted By: PlanoTom

Re: Ray Roberts sucked Yesterday but....... - 05/16/16 09:00 PM

She'll grow to be even bigger next time you hook and land her.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum