Texas Fishing Forum

Bit The Duckett Bullet

Posted By: Anchorman

Bit The Duckett Bullet - 05/15/16 04:32 AM

Got me a Duckett Ghost med cranking rod today. Put my new Shimano Caenan on it. Can't wait to try it out. Love how it feels in my hand.

2 more weeks of baseball and then its time to hit the water in June. I'm ready for some fishing.
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Bit The Duckett Bullet - 05/15/16 04:38 AM

Just got my first one last week. Feels like a good rod to me so far.
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Bit The Duckett Bullet - 05/15/16 04:55 AM

I like their blanks. Their guides are less than durable. You can't knock them around much without losing one.
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Bit The Duckett Bullet - 05/15/16 07:07 AM

the guides are terrible
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Bit The Duckett Bullet - 05/15/16 09:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Jigfish
the guides are terrible

+1
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: Bit The Duckett Bullet - 05/15/16 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Finesse Master
Originally Posted By: Jigfish
the guides are terrible

+1

And they're underpowered.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Bit The Duckett Bullet - 05/15/16 01:30 PM

What's the deal with the guides? I thought I was buying a top quality rod dang it!

I guess I'll be filling out that warranty card. I've never been hard on rods but I was going to give this rig to my son for his first bait caster. If their guides aren't durable I might need to pick another rod for him and keep this one for myself.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Bit The Duckett Bullet - 05/15/16 02:27 PM

They are very nice rods, they're just not very durable.
Posted By: OneFishAway

Re: Bit The Duckett Bullet - 05/15/16 02:35 PM

Great rods IMO. They are he only rod i fish with and own over a dozen. I have lost a couple of guides but never broke a rod. I'm not exactly easy on them either. I think you'll be satisfied. I always store them with a rod sock in the rod box.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Bit The Duckett Bullet - 05/15/16 02:41 PM

Why are the guides failing on these rods? What brand and type are the eyes? All my rods are way old, I wound them myself using Fuji ceramics and have never had a guide fail on me.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Bit The Duckett Bullet - 05/15/16 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
Why are the guides failing on these rods? What brand and type are the eyes? All my rods are way old, I wound them myself using Fuji ceramics and have never had a guide fail on me.

Micro eyelets are bad about snapping if you break off a snag. If the line breaks somewhere inside the eyelets, usually at the reel, the line will wrap eyelets on its way out of the guides. It will pull them off the rod.
Posted By: triton37

Re: Bit The Duckett Bullet - 05/15/16 08:38 PM

I have several brands of rods with 3 of them being ducketts. 2 of the 3 have lost one or more eyes. Called duckett rods and they send me several eyes in the mail. I will not own any more.
Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Re: Bit The Duckett Bullet - 05/15/16 09:32 PM

I don't know what they are doing to the guides, but I've had 4 for awhile and never had an issue. I don't really run my weights into the guides though
Posted By: Tick...

Re: Bit The Duckett Bullet - 05/15/16 11:15 PM

I like fuji alconite guides Powell Rods uses them fugi makes many different ones top quality guides are expensive, I have been on many boats where the driver leaves the tip and other guides chattering on the glass rail near the console never good for the guides.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum